$5K Wah???

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by krunchy800, Feb 7, 2017.

1. lo-watt

lo-watt Member

Oh,In all seriousness,I DO NOT and WILL NOT EVER use USPS. For quite a few reasons,actually. I use Fed Ex Ground Insured and all new double walled boxes and packing materials to insure the item arrives intact. Even a box as small as a wah,shipped to Seattle can come close to a 25$ total after all said in done.

But just enough for TGP "experts/gurus" to ridicule? Of course it is!! Carry on,I got a thick skin.

2. maddnotez

maddnotez Member

Abram4235 likes this.
  3. DonaldDemon

DonaldDemon Member

4. 4b454e

4b454e Member

5. KissTone

KissTone Member

$25 to ship to Seattle? You need to check out the USPS Priority Mail flat rate boxes.

And just so everyone knows, I will pay $5k to have Brad Plunkett come to my house and work my guitar's tone knob while I play. So there's that.

6. MoonshineMan

MoonshineMan Member

Make it $50k and see if Kirk Hammett buys it.

7. BlackwaterPark4

BlackwaterPark4 Member

So if you admit that you don't think it's worth $5k then why wouldn't you put the price closer to what you actually think it's worth? I wouldn't put my $3k guitar up for $10k just because...I know I wouldn't get any offers for it because I'd be laughed out of town.

8. flyingmusicman

flyingmusicman Member

Does it come with the original box?

Abram4235 likes this.
  9. GaryE

GaryE Member

I just found this unbelievable ,practically NOS King Vox Wah with the original box. Never seen anything like it . It has been basically unused in the box since new....[​IMG]

S. F. Sorrow likes this.
  10. GaryE

GaryE Member

Here's a gut shot with the unscratched backplate.[​IMG]

11. S. F. Sorrow

S. F. Sorrow Member

Cool! it comes with a battery!

12. GaryE

GaryE Member

No extra charge....

13. Dusty_Dave

Dusty_Dave Member

Jesus f@ck...i hope that comes with a free tube of Canesten. The thing looks like it homes 14,000 fungal variations!

14. lo-watt

lo-watt Member

Did you read my reply at all? I knew that a very high price would draw attention,and it did. I also encouraged interested parties to feel free to submit an offer. More in line in what it is worth. And that's what I'll continue to do. As many people are want to do,they will search for "highest first" in a category and mine will be first. Consider it a little lagniappe to the auction for free. As for the "tire kickers",well of course most of those wont spend 400 or 500$ on a Italian wah and will tell you that the Dunlop wah from GC will be "just as good". And good on em,keep on thinking that. Once you get the good good,you're not going to want to go back to the Chinese built crap. Trust me. Similar to stepping up from a Camaro to a Ferrari. Both red both 4 wheels,one,though,is clearly similar to the other though. And yes,I do think that most examples of Italian Wahs are SUPERIOR to anything made these days for sound and vibe,Ive proven it to myself and others using a blind test.

But thats neither here nor there. Its a great rare wah and its worth more than the average wah,but a bit higher than the average Filmcan V846

15. lo-watt

lo-watt Member

The paint? it has worn off in places,but not dirty by any means. No fungus among us.
    USPS is not an option for me,I refuse to use them. Whether its a 20$ plastic Ibanez or a 20k$ Martin,USPS will never be used by me again.

16. oildrops

oildrops Member

I don't believe you. Anyway, I'll give you $20 final offer.

Abram4235 likes this.
  17. amdowell

amdowell Supporting Member

That thing sounds really good... am I missing something?

18. BluesHarp

BluesHarp Member

I say to most of you. go buy a Castledine Standard or Grey Wah for $400 ish.. and spend the rest on a 2Rock, Germino, Swart, or original 60/70's Marshall amp.

I actually agree with the seller. Its not priced for the tone or how in some measurable way its tone is "better" than what $400 could buy you.. its priced according to its rarity and for the serious collector and its buying a piece of history.. and someone who probably wouldnt ever gig it anyway. I dont see the reason for all the butt hurt even though I wouldn't buy it for $1000. BUT, if I was stupid rich.. then, yea sure I would. Anything vintage is cool as hell.

Last edited: Feb 9, 2017
  19. Bluesful

Bluesful Supporting Member

Nope. Just that you can mod a Boss to sound like that.

amdowell likes this.
  20. Whiskey N Beans

Whiskey N Beans Member

Yeah. There are a few on eBay. But I've got some vintage flaming hots lying around and am taking deposits for anyone who want to preorder a gorilla Cheeto, or a Ben-Wah.

Last edited: Feb 10, 2017
    maddnotez likes this.