6 Degrees of TGP (can we link everyone?)

Discussion in 'The Pub' started by Blanket Jackson, Jul 13, 2019.

1. jkendrick

jkendrick Member

I played pool with Michael Jordan once, but I presume the “playing” is restricted to what they are most known for.

A-Bone likes this.
  2. twoheadedboy

twoheadedboy Member

The anonymity of some internet platforms allows people to share to an extent that they can't in real life. In some cases, the ability to share and discuss anonymously is very valuable. For example, a person who is struggling with addiction might be afraid to tell anyone in real life, because it could destroy their career and/or family. So, they might join an internet forum where they discuss it anonymously with people who are going through the same thing.

3. jkendrick

jkendrick Member

Well yes, that’s why I specified legitimate exceptions which you conveniently left out of your quote.

4. twoheadedboy

twoheadedboy Member

Ha, I missed that sentence. 6-month-old son kept me up all night. Sorry about that!

jkendrick likes this.
  5. Mngwa

Mngwa Member

I have always wanted to lambast someone (some here on TGP) with "You can't talk to me like that! - I'm 6 degrees from Kevin Bacon!"
    [I have earned the pedigree.]

It seems that you, Sir, may talk to me as you see fit.

shane8 and A-Bone like this.
  6. RhytmEarl

RhytmEarl Member

I have a Bacon# of 1 with Robert Fripp. We hung out for a week and at the end I did a gig with him*.

*Guitar Craft. :D:D:D The above is the "CV" bragging version of me doing a 5 day group class back in the 80s.

84Bravo, Mngwa and A-Bone like this.
  7. Mngwa

Mngwa Member

Then my "pedigree" is a stretch. I was going by ~worked with~ and my path jumps from film to music. But, I'm hanging on to it 'til someone takes me to court.

A-Bone likes this.