• TGP is giving away a Strat, Tele, and Jazzmaster. Click Here for full details.
    Click Here to upgrade your account and enter today!

6-way toggle in Gibson Jimi Page Guitar?!?

atquinn

Silver Supporting Member
Anyone know if this switch can be purchased separately?!? I'd like to see if you could do anything interesting with the 6-way and 2 humbuckers, but I can't find any information on it outside of it being on the new Jimmy Page guitar. Here's a pic:

-Austin

re-animator

I want one too... but i doubt gibson will be making this available in other guitars.... good guitar techs should be able to fab one.

RvChevron

I'd prefer it over the super 5 way lever switch if it does the same or more.

It seems to look and operate like a nice stick shift. Only you don't need to step on the clutch.

paintguy

Long Hair Hippy Freak
Gold Supporting Member
*hangs head in shame*

-Austin
Just having some fun...

I'm a huge Page fan and would love one of the new Page Custom Les Pauls. I'm just no big on 3 pups and Bigsby's.

I'm curious about the 6 way too.

PFCG

id like to know more about the switch, and i id also like to find one of the 5 way toggle looking switches. anyone know where to get one?

Deaf Eddie

I can't open the picture at work, and you guys keep calling the switch a toggle - is it a toggle or a rotary, like PRS (or a Varitone)?

I ask, because I have a bunch of schemes already drawn up for two humbuckers and a rotary 6-way, including variations of the PRS scheme. The rotary I use is the 4-pole/6-way you can get from a lot of the online parts houses. You can get all the same combos that you might get with the 5-way Superswitch Strat-style lever pup selector.

Lemme know if that's what you're looking for, and I can post some drawings, or trick a custom drawing up to match your request. Or just PM me...

jrm

it's a switch, not a PRS rotary style thing. Sounds liek you have some cool ideas though!

MikeMcK

Gold Supporting Member
If anyone's interested, the last link on the bottom of this page:

http://www.univox.org/schematics.html

is a pretty cool way to use a 6-way selector. I had this in a Westbury Super Custom back in the '70's. That little Japanese thing screamed, BTW.

The 6 positions are:
1) two humbuckers
2) two single-coils
3) humbucker at the bridge, single coil at the neck
4) single-coil at the neck, humbucker at the bridge
5) two humbuckers out of phase
6) two single-coils out of phase.

EvilMose

One of these is up for sale on the 'bay. A picture taken from the auction shows how the switching works:

atquinn

Silver Supporting Member
I sent an email to Gibson today to ask if these toggles are available separately. I expect the answer will be a resounding "hell no!", but a man can always hope...

-Austin

atquinn

Silver Supporting Member
DOH!!

Hi Austin,

Thanks for the email. Unfortunately, the 6 position toggle used on the
new Jimmy Page model is only for production and not sold aftermarket.
Sorry for the inconvenience.
:mad:

-Austin

Trending Topics