1. The Rules have been updated regarding posting as a business on TGP. Thread with details here: Thread Here
    Dismiss Notice

600ms Analog Delay? What's this?

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by Enjoyer, Jul 28, 2006.

1. Enjoyer

Enjoyer Member

2. onemind

onemind Member

I'm going to check this out tomorrow, happily the geek is down the block
    [​IMG]

3. Nitefly182

Nitefly182 Member

That sounds really good, usually analog delays arent nearly that bright or detailed.

4. loofery

loofery Member

The Deluxe Memory Man also has those two BBDs and hence .. also has 600 ms.

Not to mention it costs half as much, and is more versatile.

5. Trandy

Trandy Supporting Member

I'll say it if no one else it going to:

That's the coolest looking pedal I have ever seen. :AOK

6. drolling

drolling Member

Oh yeah - ever since I got my Retroman Sybil, I've been looking for pedals in a Pepto-Bismol Pink colour scheme, an this lil porker seems to fit the bill.

I was trying to decipher the Brazilian website, which has clips of the pedal alone and the pedal with something added (con carne/pig tail?), but I couldn't figure out whether it's an upgrade, or another one of their effects in the chain:confused:???

Anyway, they won't take my canadian credit card and the Geek's indefinitely backordered..

7. threm

threm Member

If you`re lucky your DMM may reach 400ms. ;)

Seriously, try measuring a DMM. I have done several.

8. BmoreTele

BmoreTele Member

That pedal has been on back order for a while. Matter of fact, it looks like half of the MG pedal line is on back order. I know the Mono Vibe hasn't been available for months.

You can get close to 600 ms of analog delay with the AD900, DMM, Memory Lane, and even more time with the AD999, EchoCzar, and Moog.

9. nashvillesteve

nashvillesteve Member

I thought that the DMM had 550 MS, but they vary depending on trimpot adjustments or something (that can have "side effects" if adjusted too far either way?)...

10. onemind

onemind Member

Seems as if the MG Pig'll do batteries though, if you can find one.

11. onemind

onemind Member

Pigtail translation courtesy of Babelfish....

Babel Fish Translation Help

In English:
    È our analogical Delay of 600 mls! Two Chips Panasonic MN3205BBD make more "hot" and legalize delay analogical never done! Delay Teams, Mix and Feedback is the controls. Feed back with those analogical degenerations is a effect to the part! Now with optional PIGS TAIL you can control delay teams with a located optic sensor in the tip of a handle. As if you he connected an expression pedal to the pedal... This handle is on in one jack in the lateral of the pedal, you steps on in the extremity of this handle and controls the Delay desired Teams, the more far will be of the extremity of the handle fastest is this delay teams and in agreement you to come close more delay tend to be slower, if the sensor will be covered entirely you reaches the greater delay possible teams, still more that 600mls. Arriving the 01 second with analogical a distortion bizarra! Together with the additional handle you 3pdt will have 01 key to ligar/desligar PIGS TAIL, become the pedal in its original form!

12. drolling

drolling Member

Ahh well then - that totally clears it up for me!!

13. drolling

drolling Member

I've got one of the very early reissuses and it's definitely good for 550ms, BUT it's got the AC cord and that superfunky buffer that's kinda hard to love..

BTW, Howard Davis claims to be able to recalibrate any DMM to optimize delay time.

14. threm

threm Member

One of the mods Howard Davis offer
    "DELAY TIME INCREASE MOD
    The Deluxe Memory Man was designed for a 550 msec. maximum delay. Some units, due to component tolerances and other manufacturing problems, do not have this long a delay time. A mod can be done that corrects this condition."

I have two DMM myself but also measured a friends DMM. None are near the 550ms.
    I once challenged folks here to meaure theirs. One guy did and I think his maxed at something below 400ms.

Evil tounges claim they`re set very low from the factory in cooperation with Mr Davis.

;-)

15. Enjoyer

Enjoyer Member

I'm biting my lip here!

Don't start me on the potential the DMM has and how far short it fell from actualizing it. No digs on Mr. Davis, here.

But wait - with these mods, . . . . . . . . .

16. Don Rusk

Don Rusk Vendor

Im pretty sure the bandwidth goes down and the noise goes up as you extend the delay time --- those chip only have so much power and you can spend that power for time or bandwidth but not both....