600ms DM-2?

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by ProfMagpie, Apr 25, 2008.

1. ProfMagpie

ProfMagpie Silver Supporting Member

Any suggestions for an analog delay that sounds and feels like a DM-2 but is 600ms. I've tried a friend's Malekko Bright recently and I was impressed. Retro-Sonic is also on the short list. Anyone know of any others? Thanks for your collective thoughts!

2. orogeny

orogeny Supporting Member

that would be the analogman delay

3. nibus

nibus Supporting Member

4. TheGrooveking

TheGrooveking Member

An Alternate Reality in a Parallel Universe...
    The Analogman is an excellent option, don't forget the MXR Carbon Copy also.

TheGrooveking

5. CiceroTJones

CiceroTJones Member

Not the DD-7, digitally modeled analog doesn't come anywhere near true analog, as far as delay is concerned.

Carbon Copy... Analogman (I Have and it's WONDERFUL)

6. benjammin

benjammin Member

7. nibus

nibus Supporting Member

The DD-7's analog mode sounds twice as good as any other modeler I have heard.

8. hbentley

hbentley Member

600ms analogman delay

9. orogeny

orogeny Supporting Member

i'd do the pepsi challenge on that there statement. in fact, i have. not only does it come near. . . i'd doubt that 99/100 people could tell the difference.

i ditched my dm3 back to my cousin (okay. . . so it's not REALLY ditched) when i got the dd20 to fake me out in a blind taste-test via the analog patch (probably the same one in the dd7). when you can't hear the difference. . . you can't hear the difference. my main fr8_trane couldn't hear the difference either. . . it doesn't do the cool oscillation stuff that an analog delay can do. . . but neither do i when i'm playing my songs in front of people. . . .

10. nibus

nibus Supporting Member

PLUS it come with stereo ins and outs - very handy for sonic landscapes.

11. gitpicker

gitpicker Silver Supporting Member

The Retro Sonic delay is 600 ms and is based on the DM-2. It also has a tone control for the repeats and a second switch so you can toggle back and forth between slapback and a longer delay.

This one is on my very short list of pedals that I want to get ahold of.

12. ProfMagpie

ProfMagpie Silver Supporting Member

Thanks for all the responses. Orogeny, I wondered about that on the DD7...how good the modeler might be. I have an RE-20 now and had a DM-2 for a year or more on loan from a friend. I really liked the DM-2, but found situations where I needed a longer delay. I don't really think the RE-20 feels the same as the DM-2, although the sound can get close. Maybe this is a bit too esoteric, but I liked that bounce that I felt the DM-2 had, if you know what I mean? Wonder if the analog modeller of the DD7 will get it. The Retro-Sonic may be the way to go.