• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

60's Fuzz Recommendations

dorfmeister

How about recommending me some good fuzz pedals to get the tones of old garage and psychedelia.

I've already got a Malekko Germanium and a Devi Ever Torn's Peaker but I would like a third old school flavor on the board.

I've heard clips of the D*A*M 1966 and really like them. I've heard about pedals like the Creepy Fingers Fuzz Nugget.

What do you like and what else should I be looking at?

Basic Audio?
Dice Works?

Philly Fuzz

AM Peppermint Fuzz is a good one.

If you want to spend more money there's the BJF Candy Apple Fuzz. Never tried one, but the clips sound pretty awesome.

I'd really like a Creepy Fingers Nugget -- that sounds killer!

Kev O)))

Maestro Fuzz-Tone (the brown wedge which was RI'd and discontinued within the last few years)
Analogman Peppermint Fuzz
Analogman Sun Face
Dunlop Fuzz Face (Si or Ge)
Ashbass Fuzzbrite
Mosrite Fuzzrite
Creepy Fingers

The Sun Face and Peppermint fuzz are great fuzz-face-type fuzzes.
As for tone-bender-type stuff I dunno. I'm about to embark on that journey myself.

charmboy

BYOC Leeds fuzz looks great... and I love my BYOC Bender!!

Of course I 2nd all of the Analogman mentions.

dorfmeister

I am wondering if there are designs that you know of based around really funky obscure pedals from way back.

moodog

The Bone Bender is supposed to be pretty garage and psychedelic. Poor mans D*A*M 1966. It's next on my list.

mooawk

Danelectro French Toast. Even though Danelectro calls it a distortion, it's really a mid 60s type fuzz IMO.

Windup 43

Silver Supporting Member
Peppermint Fuzz is stellar. I've been itching for an Ashbass Fuzzbrite for a while...

jgyn

I like the Baja Tech Bone Bender (Vox Tonebender clone), Ashbass Fuzzrite clone, Monsterpiece Angry Dick (Jordan Bosstone clone), etc.

Trending Topics