60W+ tube head?

Jet Age Eric

It gets better: Under $1k, sonically in the Fender ballpark. Looking at a Traynor in the next couple days. Anything else spring to mind?

Background: I'm running a couple of ASAT Specs through a Musicman 65. The MM been's treating me well for years, but now that I've switched to Lava Cables and true bypassed pedals, the amp is starting to sound brittle and I think it's the solid-stat pre that's doing it. The same set up sounds great through my BF Vibrolux (stays at home), so I'm looking at the amp.

Thanks! -E

re-animator

sounds kinda obvious, but how about a dual showman?? or any of the other higher wattage fender heads?? Also some of the 80s mesas get very fendery on the clean chan.

gainiac

It gets better: Under $1k, sonically in the Fender ballpark. Looking at a Traynor in the next couple days. Anything else spring to mind?

Background: I'm running a couple of ASAT Specs through a Musicman 65. The MM been's treating me well for years, but now that I've switched to Lava Cables and true bypassed pedals, the amp is starting to sound brittle and I think it's the solid-stat pre that's doing it. The same set up sounds great through my BF Vibrolux (stays at home), so I'm looking at the amp.

Thanks! -E
Switch back to the old cables?

Jet Age Eric

sounds kinda obvious, but how about a dual showman?? or any of the other higher wattage fender heads?? Also some of the 80s mesas get very fendery on the clean chan.

I didn't realize a dual showman had that much wattage. Or master volume. I should've mentioned in the initial post that I ain't that bright. Thanks! -E

Jet Age Eric

Switch back to the old cables?
Ha! I considered it, but the difference in tone when played through the Vibrolux means I can't go back to my previous serviceable-but-inferior set up. Having said that, until I find a solution, I can't rule it out. Thanks! -E

Trending Topics