'63 brown vibroverb

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs' started by 3m3r5, Aug 12, 2008.

1. 3m3r5

3m3r5 Member

Is £2000 ($3810) a killer deal and a sound investment for a '63 brown vibroverb? AFAIK it's pretty clean. Only snag is i'd have to travel 500 miles and take a ferry!! Is it worth persuing?

2. slider313

slider313 Silver Supporting Member

If it's all original then it's a GREAT deal. I would get all the info before driving 500 miles.
    Get transformer codes,tube chart codes and pictures of the chassis,etc., if possible.

3. 1955Junior

1955Junior Silver Supporting Member

I would say definitely yes - provided the amp is clean and original. If it has the brown footswitch and original Victoria Luggage canvas cover, that would make it an even sweeter deal.

I've owned three '63 brown Vibroverbs over the years, and they are killer amps. Also, as you know, they are quite rare indeed. At $3810, I would say it is a solid investment!

Good luck, and keep us posted.

4. drbob1

drbob1 Silver Supporting Member

It'd be best if you could get pics of the chassis, especially showing the transformer codes. You'll never be able to replace those transformers if they've been switched out! Anything else is pretty much fixable: speakers, cosmetics, tubes, caps etc. That's a very good price for an amp produced in vanishingly small numbers, and one that sounds killer (all the brown amps are great, but one with reverb as well? unbelievable). I'd definitely take the trip to at least look at it (or tell us where it is so one of us can!).

5. 3m3r5

3m3r5 Member

The seller says they will send pics as long as distance isn't a problem to the unnamed location ;) Ill just say it's on a very small Island so I reckon I might have a pretty good chance of getting it.