63 Strat Check - picts & sound clip

crosse79

Been told to post this up by a few forum members privately to check. Accordingly, this is an all original 63 with a Refret & Nut Change - both of which are still in the case. Let me know if anything looks out of place? Will have the cavity shots soon.

Apparently the case is a Fender export case? Can anyone shed some light into this. Is it original and correct for the guitar?

Clip (Just for fun & not me playing):
shorturl.at/fqzKU

Last edited:

rykus

Gold Supporting Member
Nice one! I'm not a strat expert by any means so I'll refrain from commenting on the guitar as I have no idea other than it looks cool,lol!

The export cases where provided by the importers in other countries. They would order just the guitars as it was cheaper then have their own cases made. So the Canada ones would have Canadian cases. UK would have UK cases etc etc.

Nice score

crosse79

Nice one! I'm not a strat expert by any means so I'll refrain from commenting on the guitar as I have no idea other than it looks cool,lol!

The export cases where provided by the importers in other countries. They would order just the guitars as it was cheaper then have their own cases made. So the Canada ones would have Canadian cases. UK would have UK cases etc etc.

Nice score
I presume it would affect the value?

rykus

Gold Supporting Member
It might to a very small degree as the original fender blonde cases are now worth a lot by themselves, but overall I wouldn't think it would affect the guitar value, kind of like a bit of the history of the guitar you can research where it originally sold.

crosse79

It might to a very small degree as the original fender blonde cases are now worth a lot by themselves, but overall I wouldn't think it would affect the guitar value, kind of like a bit of the history of the guitar you can research where it originally sold.
Hmm, ok where would I know where this guitar came from? Not sure where to search.

rykus

Gold Supporting Member
Look for a brand on the case itself if not you'll have to search import fender case pictures or something.

Not sure how many big suppliers they provided guitars too in 63. I think I've seen ones with gold lining too..

This one looks kinda similar

Last edited:

crosse79

Look for a brand on the case itself if not you'll have to search import fender case pictures or something.

Not sure how many big suppliers they provided guitars too in 63. I think I've seen ones with gold lining too..

This one looks kinda similar
Ok got it.

Spider-Man

Silver Supporting Member
I don't know anything about that case, but the guitar looks legit from what I can see in those photos.

bluejaybill

Silver Supporting Member
I don't know anything about that case, but the guitar looks legit from what I can see in those photos.
Yes, it is exactly one month older than mine- Nov. 2. 1963! It looks like the brand of potentiometer is different from mine, but you can check the dates? They used different brands I believe. Looks pretty much the same otherwise as mine.

The case I don't know about, but mine is brown. Sure sounds like the one I have in the recording!

i-Pm6zdJM-XL.jpg

Gilky

Platinum Supporting Member
I wouldn't proffer an opinion on the guitar other than it looks great and, based on your clip, sounds wonderful. Really tasty playing my friend, that sounds like a great strat should. Damn that sounds good.

Trending Topics

Top Bottom