65 Amps are the BEST

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs' started by Rocksully, Oct 16, 2008.

1. Rocksully

Rocksully Member

Their customer service is top notch and they have won me for life.
    I bought a used head and the service I got from 65 regarding this just blew me away. I will definitely be using their products live and in the studio as well, as damn they sound amazing!

Great work 65 Amps. You are setting a new much needed standard!

2. Rock72

Rock72 Member

Great company with great amps and top notch customer service (I'm sure you dealt with Sam?...great guy BTW). It is a delight when you have a company stand behind their products like 65 Amps does :AOK.

Disclaimer: I'm in no way affiliated with 65 Amps, just a happy user and customer :).

3. Hipster Dofus

Hipster Dofus Member

I'm a big fan as well.....

[​IMG]

4. davebc

davebc Member

Oh my God, THAT RIG IS ABSOLUTELY HUGE HUGE! Did it come with a parking garage?:D

5. Rocksully

Rocksully Member

6. Krank

Krank Member

Can someone point me to a clip that shows off the London? What I've seen/heard didn't really woo me.

7. Rock72

Rock72 Member

8. Hipster Dofus

Hipster Dofus Member

There are some new clips on you-tube. Peter Stroud demos that sound great. To be honest, clips only give you the gist. Even my lame clips only give you a general idea.

Nothing like actually playing an amp, and I understand thats hard to do with the limited # of dealers.

I have heard recordings of VOX AC30's all my life, but after hearing, and playing in person Proco's old '62-63(?).... WOW. Some amps just have to be played to get the total experience.

9. toadcaller

toadcaller Member

Best amps I've heard in ages. Stroud did a demo here in town last weekend that was first class. If they were in stores and I was in the market, I would pick up a Stone Pony combo in a heartbeat. As of last week there were only a few shipped, and one of them was sold here. I'm not gigging right now so I'm still using my Egnater Rebel and Axe-Fx, but man those 65s sing!

[​IMG]

10. Doodad

Doodad Member

We were lucky enough at the local ampfest to have Peter come demo the London and Soho IIRC. Great sound and a great player.

11. jimmybcool

jimmybcool Supporting Member

I just worked with Sam on the phone to upgrade my used London 65. Very good communication and if the service is what I expect I will be sold on 65 Amps as a company too.

The first owner of my amp replaced the speakers and I am returning it to original. I am also having them retube the amp which extends to me the original lifetime warranty. Lastly, I am adding the voltage regulator feature so the amp can really sing at room levels.

I am stoked to get it back. Sure hope I never hear a Stone Pony. Times are tough and I really don't need more GAS. :hide

12. Curly

Curly Member

London: one of the most toneful amps in years.

13. devilrob1979

devilrob1979 Member

After standing about 30 feet from Chris Robinson's Royal Albert I will have to attest that they make some awesome sounding amps for sure. What's a Stone Pony?

Edit: Nevermind, I used the search function. Can't wait to hear it.