65 Amps London combo - with an extension cab?

foo_3001

I´m about to buy a 2x12 London combo - I´m loving the sounds I get from this amp! I must have played it a hundred times in my local shop, and next week I´m gonna go and buy it, finally..

One question though, is there a jack for an extension cab in the combo? I would love the idea of playing it with a closed - back cab aswell.

Thanks for Your help!

Hipster Dofus

Mine has 2 jacks, and will do 8 or 16 ohms. I would assume the newer ones are the same(mine is very early version). If you reach under the chassis where the speaker is connected, there should be a jack right next to it, a toggle, and a jack for the trem/boost.

Make sure you do it TGP style, and let us know how you like it once you get to use it a while.

Luke

jay42

What are the speakers in the 2-12" you're itching to buy? They used to be a Blue and a G12H30...which I would assume were both 16 ohms in parallel for 8 ohms. The Z switch s/b at 8 ohms. Adding an 8 ohm extension will create a mismatch, which is okay, but not optimum.

Sometimes you'll run into a setup with two 8 ohm speakers in series, for 16 ohms, however, they're usually the same model speaker.

foo_3001

What are the speakers in the 2-12" you're itching to buy? They used to be a Blue and a G12H30...which I would assume were both 16 ohms in parallel for 8 ohms. The Z switch s/b at 8 ohms. Adding an 8 ohm extension will create a mismatch, which is okay, but not optimum

The amp I´m about to buy has the Blue and G12H30. A brilliant sounding combination imo.

Good to know about the mismatch - both my extension cabs are 8 ohms. Is it possible to unplug the original speakers and play only the extension, then? This whole closed-back-idea just came to me as I want to use closed-backs in the studio from time to time..

jay42

Good to know about the mismatch - both my extension cabs are 8 ohms. Is it possible to unplug the original speakers and play only the extension, then?
Yes...at least the chassis I've seen is a simple two output jacks in parallel and an impedance toggle switch.

Trending Topics

Top Bottom