• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

65 Amps London combo - with an extension cab?

foo_3001

I´m about to buy a 2x12 London combo - I´m loving the sounds I get from this amp! I must have played it a hundred times in my local shop, and next week I´m gonna go and buy it, finally..

One question though, is there a jack for an extension cab in the combo? I would love the idea of playing it with a closed - back cab aswell.

Thanks for Your help!

Hipster Dofus

Mine has 2 jacks, and will do 8 or 16 ohms. I would assume the newer ones are the same(mine is very early version). If you reach under the chassis where the speaker is connected, there should be a jack right next to it, a toggle, and a jack for the trem/boost.

Make sure you do it TGP style, and let us know how you like it once you get to use it a while.

Luke

jay42

What are the speakers in the 2-12" you're itching to buy? They used to be a Blue and a G12H30...which I would assume were both 16 ohms in parallel for 8 ohms. The Z switch s/b at 8 ohms. Adding an 8 ohm extension will create a mismatch, which is okay, but not optimum.

Sometimes you'll run into a setup with two 8 ohm speakers in series, for 16 ohms, however, they're usually the same model speaker.

foo_3001

What are the speakers in the 2-12" you're itching to buy? They used to be a Blue and a G12H30...which I would assume were both 16 ohms in parallel for 8 ohms. The Z switch s/b at 8 ohms. Adding an 8 ohm extension will create a mismatch, which is okay, but not optimum
The amp I´m about to buy has the Blue and G12H30. A brilliant sounding combination imo.

Good to know about the mismatch - both my extension cabs are 8 ohms. Is it possible to unplug the original speakers and play only the extension, then? This whole closed-back-idea just came to me as I want to use closed-backs in the studio from time to time..

jay42

Good to know about the mismatch - both my extension cabs are 8 ohms. Is it possible to unplug the original speakers and play only the extension, then?
Yes...at least the chassis I've seen is a simple two output jacks in parallel and an impedance toggle switch.

Trending Topics