65 Amps Royal Albert & four guitars

Discussion in 'Gear Demo Videos & Sound Clips Archive' started by mary04, Feb 16, 2012.

1. mary04

mary04 Supporting Member

Not too many demo`s on the Royal Albert out there, and thats a shame because this is one of the best sounding amplifiers in the 65 amps production line IMO. It`s 45 (65 amp) watts, and can play extremley loud if you want it to. The RA will never be a bedroom amp, but because it take pedals extremley well you`ll get awsome tone at lower levels as well. It`s probably also the 65 amp with highest clean headroom, and thats a good thing to pedal freaks like us.

Hopefully you like Dylans "knocking on heavens door", because here`s a shootout with us using four different guitars through that song (as a backing track). You are hereby warned! Point is to show the differences in the guitars. We use a Klon Centaur, a little delay from a Strymon Timeline, and a tiny bit reverb from a TC Electronic Hall of Fame, and we don`t touch the settings at all through out the whole song - we just change guitars. As always - play load and enjoy!

2. MikeyG

MikeyG Supporting Member

I liked the Butterscotch Tele the best.

I like the amp ....

3. lgehrig4

lgehrig4 Silver Supporting Member

Nice demo. I liked the LP and I agree that there aren't enough demos of this amp. Any chance you can make one of the LP straight in with the volume about 6-7?

I bought a used RA last month on Ebay and it was one of my best amp purchases in the last 10yrs and I've had quite a few.

4. mary04

mary04 Supporting Member

Sure! Just give me a couple of days and I`ll come back to you.

5. lgehrig4

lgehrig4 Silver Supporting Member

Can't wait to hear it. I have one, but there's such a lack of clips of this amp. I recently purchased a pair of ASW KTS70s and I'm waiting for a pair of Elegantes to match them with. I have a gut feeling the Royal Albert will kill with this combination.