65 Amps Royal Albert Questions

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs' started by ahardmark, Feb 10, 2008.

1. ahardmark

ahardmark Member

I've been searching through TGP and elsewhere, but I haven't been able to find much information on the 65 Amps Royal Albert. Can someone who owns one give a quick review, and possibly how it compares to some other amps? (i.e. Range & types of clean tones available, headroom in 35 watt/full power modes, etc.) I know it's a "loud" amp, but how loud?

Any sound clips would be greatly appreciated. I'm primarily interested in the clean sound, but I'd like to hear about the driven tones as well. I've played a 65 SoHo a bit, and while I enjoyed it, it wasn't quite what I'm looking for. I would be running a Hamer Studio Custom and a Strat through it. Also, any suggestions for running a 65 Amps 2x12" cabinet with it? Speaker recommendations? Thanks! :BEER

2. ahardmark

ahardmark Member

3. Axeplyr

Axeplyr Supporting Member

I believe ronw owned one. He sold it at sime point. Seach his name on here or pm him, he might have something to say.

4. GAT

GAT Gold Supporting Member

Enharmonic may use one.

5. voojo

voojo Gold Supporting Member

See if you can contact Rich Robinson of The Black Crowes and see what he thinks (Just kidding!) He plays them.

I would like to hear more about this amp as well, seems like a monster!!

6. ahardmark

ahardmark Member

Haha, yeah, I knew Rich Robinson had switched to the 65's from his Harry Joyce's.

Thanks guys, I'll get in touch with those folks when I get a chance. Anyone else have some info/experiences to share?

7. GAT

GAT Gold Supporting Member

Call Stu at Fat Sound, he will give you an accurate assessment.

8. celestion101

celestion101 Silver Supporting Member

I just used one at a gig for the last three nights....killer! I am a pedal player and this amp loves everthing I threw at it. I mostly play country (with a dash of everthing else) and used the amp through an openback 2x12 with G12H's. The KT77's pocess the best of both 6L6's and EL34's! I used it in 35w mode with the smooth switch engaged (I understand that the newer ones are defaulted to this voicing anyway). Lets just say that I ordered one after the first night! This will be a cool head/cab alternate for my Fargen combo which also killz!

9. ahardmark

ahardmark Member

thanks for the info!