65 Deluxe Reverb Mod - Time / Cost

Discussion in 'Amps/Cabs Tech Corner: Amplifier, Cab & Speakers' started by jbever, Aug 3, 2006.

1. jbever

jbever Member

I have a 65 Deluxe Reverb that I'd like to get the reverb mod done to, so that I have reveb on both channels. I've seen discussions here on how to do it. I would need to take it to a tech to have it done. Any input on how long this should take and what the average cost should be say for an average skilled tech?

Thanks in advance for the input and all of the information on the boards.
    Jbever

2. Scott_F

Scott_F Member

An amp tech should be able to make this happen for you in less than 30 minutes. Way less. Cost? No idea. Figure out what an hour of bench time will run you and I'm betting that's about what they'd charge.

3. Blue Strat

Blue Strat Member

Sterling, VA (not far from Washington DC)
    Note that this is a Reissue (hi Jerry) and may take longer.

4. Scott_F

Scott_F Member

My mind doesnt' think in terms of circuit boards. While the tech is in there, have him drop a handwired board in there. :)

5. jbever

jbever Member

Thanks for the info guys. I'm going to live with the amp for a while before making any major changes. Soemdays I like the bight and some days so so. Thanks to everyone for all of their info on this site. Hi to Mike and thanks for the Brimars. My bias rite should be here in a couple of days and they'll go in.

6. Blue Strat

Blue Strat Member

Sterling, VA (not far from Washington DC)
    Funny how quickly one can say "drop a handwired board in there" as opposed to how long it actually takes to install one ;)

7. tonezoneonline

tonezoneonline Member

8. Denny

Denny Member

I removed the treble cap on mine (vibrato channel) and It sounds as good as the normal channel - took 5 minutes with a soldering iron and solder wick. It's a lot less intrusive than the mod you're talking about (unless you NEED reverb in both channels?).

D.