'65 DRRI vs. '68 Vibrolux

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs' started by buddastrat, Feb 14, 2015.

1. buddastrat

buddastrat Member

I own a '65 DRRI, and it's cool but wondered if some of you guys could give me a comparison with the '68 vibrolux. I have not played the '68.

Not too familar with 2x10 amps either. Always used 12"s. Found a guy who wants to trade me. he has the '69 vibro and wants lower power, and I kinda think I want a bit more power. I can't really try it, we'd meet half way. I like the '65, sometimes wish it had a little more bottom and thicker sound. The physical size is nice tho'.

What I really like is the new Landau blues Deville, as I mostly want to use pedals anyhow. But that might be a bit big for what I need, plus it's not out. I really like the size of the Vibrolux if it can do what I want. Does the Vibrolux take pedals well/better than the DRRI?

Any opinions good/bad welcome.

2. Ilduce

Ilduce And now for something completely different! Supporting Member

I would definitely want to take the 68 for a test drive before doing a trade because of the QC issues that the 68 Custom line has been having. Otherwise I'd pass.

3. buddastrat

buddastrat Member

oh I did'nt know about that.this amp is maybe a year old. Has there been issues for awhile?

4. Ilduce

Ilduce And now for something completely different! Supporting Member

Do a search and you'll find a few threads on the 68 Custom line. It might also be worth doing a Google search too. It doesn't mean the 68 Vibrolux you're looking at will have issues, but it's always good to know when a particular model / line has had them. Best of luck!