65 Fender BF speaker suggestions?

codyprang

I have a 65 Fender Deluxe Amp, and I'm looking to get a new speaker. The speaker isn't blown, but I feel like I should get a new one, so that I can preserve the original. It just makes me nervous when I turn it up to 9 or 10. I'm pretty much lost when it comes to speakers, so I'd appreciate some suggestions. Should I go with another Jensen, or should I do something different? Thanks.

stratus

Gold Supporting Member
I have a 50w Weber Blue Dog in my 66' DR and it sounds amazing! Go to www.webervst.com and check out the sound bites. Great quality speakers. Go's for about $100.00.

doublee

Weber 12F150 is hard to beat in a DR.

God I am glad someone else brought this up again. Some fellers here are getting tired of this question but not me. Me I have a Weber 12F150 and its great, although for my uses the whole rig starts getting a little too dirty and blary at 4. I am a clean ish player. I know this also involves tubes, PUs etc, but who can suggest a speaker similar to the Weber in the lush warm range with some more low end spank and a little cleaner though not screechy overall? Tele/Lollar is the guitar...NOS Brimar/RCA's is the amp.

Grateful,

e

JDJ

The 12F150T should be a little cleaner. Or just email Ted. I did, and he got back to me the same day.

Zane

Got a 50w Alnico Weber Blue dog in my Oldfield Club D'Lux
sounds great!

crop6.jpg

crop4.jpg

chaz

Weber would have quite a few good options. I had this laying around and it's been a nice match for me in this '65.
65Deluxe-SROcopy.jpg

67super

I've got a Eminence RWB in my 68 DR and like it. To my ears it does Fender clean real well.

John Thigpen

Gold Supporting Member
There are several Eminence speakers that would be worth trying, and most can be had for well under $100. I had a Texas Heat in my Maz 38 and really liked it. I also have a Tonker in a Crate V30 and it's very loud and clean. I have not tried a Swamp Thing, but I hear they are very good. Tomo is an Eminence expert...perhaps you could PM or e-mail him for his thoughts.

Weber makes great speakers too...I have an alnico Blue Dog and it's probably my favorite speaker, but I don't think it's what you're looking for. I had a ceramic Blue Dog, which might be closer, but I'm not sure. I haven't tried the rest of the Webers.

John

wingwalker

Fuzzy Guitars
personal fav speaker in a DR is a G12H30 however if you wanted something more traditional (american) an old cone C12N is hard to beat

Trending Topics

Top Bottom