• New Sponsor: ShipNerd, Ship Your Gear with Us... for less! Click Here.

65 Lil' Elvis

samuelson

I've been playing the 65 Amps Lil' Elvis the last couple of nights trying to get a good tone out of the 'gain' tone with a strat, and I'm having a terrible time of it. It just sounds so dark. Is it me? any advise on settings.

the clean tone is great. The vibrato is great too. but the 'bump' is not working for me. It does sound better with P-90's. will try a Les Paul in the next day or two, work permitting.

any info would be welcome

nickthenail

That's interesting that you find the Lil' Elvis too dark with a strat, yet are not having the same issue with P-90's....

samuelson

Maybe 'dark' isn't the right term. I'm using a 62 strat original and the bump channel sounds 'thin' or 'grainy' or the like. the PRS with P-90's didn't sound as thin or grainy and seemed to hold together better. It's hard to describe.

I'm just hoping for some advice. The guy who owns it wants to trade it to me for another amp (yet determined) because he says he's not happy with the 'bump' being in a surf band. 65 amps has a great reputation so I thought I'd give it a go.

Trending Topics

Top Bottom