• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

65 reissue deluxe reverb value?

VJF

A year ago, I scored a 6 month old 2007 DRRI in mint condition for $600.

Hard to say what the recent price increase will do to used prices.

I recommend you look at the Completed Listings on eBay.

guitarman_nebr

Silver Supporting Member
i have been seeing them pop up for around $700-$750 because of the Fender price increase.

seems pretty steep to me considering i bought one a little over a year ago brand new for $649

GenoBluzGtr

Platinum Supporting Member
I picked up my '04 less than a year ago for $500, it had been recently re-tubed with new JJs. Someone had added tilt-back legs to it (but it was a cheesey job, where they had sawed off legs that weren't made for it... so I removed that crap).

I added a Jensen Neo Speaker that I bought used for $75 and a Beam Blocker that cost me $10. Been gigging with it for a year. Only problem was one tube went out on me one day during rehearsal. Popped in a spare and still going. Just last weekend I added a new matched pair of JJ power tubes ($30)

So for about $600, I have a 35 lb amp that sounds as good as anything I have heard, that I can use for 80% of the venues I play. It loves my TIM and my Zen for OD, too!

My Tweed Bassman and BF Vibroverb haven't seen too much use since I grabbed this DRRI.

I have messed with so many boutiques and spent so much money, even spending hundreds on NOS tubes for all my amps, and I have been overlooking this simple approach to perfect live-gigging tone without breaking the bank! I only keep the other amps now for outdoor gigs and messing around on.

blkjazz

I picked up my '04 less than a year ago for $500, it had been recently re-tubed with new JJs. Someone had added tilt-back legs to it (but it was a cheesey job, where they had sawed off legs that weren't made for it... so I removed that crap).

I added a Jensen Neo Speaker that I bought used for $75 and a Beam Blocker that cost me $10. Been gigging with it for a year. Only problem was one tube went out on me one day during rehearsal. Popped in a spare and still going. Just last weekend I added a new matched pair of JJ power tubes ($30)

So for about $600, I have a 35 lb amp that sounds as good as anything I have heard, that I can use for 80% of the venues I play. It loves my TIM and my Zen for OD, too!

My Tweed Bassman and BF Vibroverb haven't seen too much use since I grabbed this DRRI.

I have messed with so many boutiques and spent so much money, even spending hundreds on NOS tubes for all my amps, and I have been overlooking this simple approach to perfect live-gigging tone without breaking the bank! I only keep the other amps now for outdoor gigs and messing around on.
You are right on the money my friend. It hard to find any amp so versitle and so sweet.

Bottle_Rocket

Righteeeeooooo!

I have played out with so many amps and nothing sounds as good as my DRRI. Worth every penny I paid for it.

I love my Marshall JMP 50watt but this amp just kills!

bluestune1

My DRRI is priceless to me. I retubed it with NOS Jan Phillips tubes, put way over 50 hours on the original Jensen C12K speaker and for what I play (the blues) it is perfection in Fender tube tone. I have no issues with mine using an American Tele with Somarium Colbalt pickups ( aka.. Geronimo) and a 57 re-issue Strat with Don Mare Supersport pickups in it ( aka.. Woody). Out board is just a DD3 delay and a Washburn Blues OD and a Morley A/B switch to channel change from normal with delay and OD... to Vibrato channel and a clean Reverb tone. Best money I have ever spent on an amp in over 53 years of playing guitar.

Last edited:

kbphx

There's a check-box on the left side of the screen, with all the "search criteria," that says something like "show completed listings only." You have to be signed in to use it. It'll show you all the completed auctions for the past 90(?) days, with info like the final price, whether it met the reserve or not, etc.

It's a great view into what people are ASKING for an item vs. what buyers are PAYING.

bluestune1

Heaven&Hell.... I paid 848.00 for mine brand new and no shipping and no matter what the price, it was the best investment in "portable" tone machines I have ever made. I have owned, Fender/ Marshall/ Roland/ Peavy/ Acoustic and too many others to even remember at this point, all great amps in their own right but, all I'm saying is for me, this provides great lightweight portability, fabulous tone, and enough power to play about any small to medium sized room without miking it and wonderous in the studio without a doubt. My 2 cents.

Last edited:
I paid around $800 for a new DRRI 3 or 4 years ago...and I see em for $750 used (went up because of the fender price increase) so Its good to see it retaining value :)

Gtrman100

Gold Supporting Member
I paid $500 for my electronically perfect(Texas Heat, new tubes, too), cosmetically challenged 10 year old DRRI a few months ago. This nuvo-hippie kid decided to outline the script on the front panel with red paint!

1 can of paint remover, and 1 1/2 hours of elbow grease and I've got a near mint DRRI that sounds fantastic. I'm not sure why some hate this amp and think it doesn't sound as good as a BF or SF. I've got a '68 SFDR that I've compared side by side- the DRRI is 99% there.

picnic

I'm in the same boat as you. After all the $$$ I have spent tasting different boutikee amps, a DRRI with JJ's and a good speaker is just about as good as any of the higher priced brands. I've had 4 DRRI's, tweaked them all and sold them to friends who were ready to step to a better amp and their chops improved. Bought some nice boutikeeks along the way and still enjoy them. No complaints there.
But there's something about a DRRI that hits the spot and delivers the basic good, clean Fender tone that can cover a lot of ground with a pedal or two.

$600-700 is a fair price range.

saltydogg

Rock & Roll Enthusiast
Platinum Supporting Member
For you guy's using the DRRI- what are the noticeable differences (sound-wise) when compared to the older silverface models? Any noticeable difference in tone? Thanks...

Do any of you guy's use Les Pauls (humbuckers) with the DRRI? How are the tones?

Singin' Dave

Yup - $600 with a bit of patience is about right.

I own a SFDR and use it with humbuckers all the time. It had RCA power and preamp tubes and a Celestion Gold in it and is amazing.

I'll admit, I haven't A/B'd mine with a DRRI, but the DRRI's I've heard absolutely get you 90+% of the way to SF/BF IMO. The advantage of the SF/BF is PTP ease of service, escalating resale value (in theory anyway) and that extra bit of mojo tonally. If I hadn't found my SFDR for $800 a few years back, I'd be all over a used DRRI.

Trending Topics