65 Twin alternative for home use

Dondante

I've recently fell in love with twin reverb sound. Much too large/loud for my home. Any recommendations on something a little more home friendly? Like maybe an AC15 maybe?

I mainly play grateful dead style music. Have pedals to give me other tones etc.

RhytmEarl

If you like the Blackface Fender sound but want a smaller package, it would seem logical to me to get a smaller Blackface Fender.

Try a Pro/Super/Vibrolux/Deluxe/Princeton and stop when you get to one small enough.

AC 15 is very cool, and I prefer it to Fender. But...the Deluxe Reverb is the next logical step down the ladder if you need something smaller than a Twin. It still puts out some pretty hefty volume though. Princeton after that; loud enough to gig with a mic, probably not on its own. Great for home use though.

Wyzard

Neither Here Nor There
Gold Supporting Member
Alternatives would include my new cheapskate amp head du jour - a Music Man-75 with a couple of drive pedals.

Some people have found they don't like them with plain boost pedals, citing the SS preamp; ymmv, but I've been successfully using drive/distortion and reverb pedals - and rack gear - in front of mine. Using the head with EVs has been great so far, and the lower power setting has been useful too.

I haven't tried a combo yet, but I probably will at some point.

Trending Topics

Top Bottom