6505 MINI

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs' started by Magicpad, Apr 21, 2015.

1. Magicpad

Magicpad Member

Anyone have one yet?! I'd love to hear some reviews.

I had a Mesa Mini 25 which I loved but sold... this could be an interesting replacement!

2. Magicpad

Magicpad Member

Anyone try it out yet?!?

3. jds22

jds22 Member

With the problems Peavey is having, don't hold your breath.

4. manicompression

manicompression Member

What problems are Peavey having?

5. Magicpad

Magicpad Member

Yea not sure what you're referring to here.... I've seen several stores with these amps in stock so it doesn't seem like a distribution problem.

The EVH 3 is probably one of the bestselling amps on the market currently:huh

6. LPMojoGL

LPMojoGL Music Room Superstar Supporting Member

EVH is Fender.

I'm guessing the problems referred to are the financial issues, and the closing down of the US plant, now making everything in China.

Edit: Or rather layoffs?

http://www.clarionledger.com/story/business/2015/04/21/peavey-to-close-mississippi-plants/26124435/

7. Blix

Blix Supporting Member

I wonder how byers will react to it being made in China.

8. slayerbear17

slayerbear17 Member

I plan on getting it soon. I have the 6505+ and love it. I also have an egnater Armageddon which is made China. I have no problems buying Chinese provided the QA is good.

9. Magicpad

Magicpad Member

Cool! Please feel free to write back with your experiences!

10. manicompression

manicompression Member

Oh, that's crazy I hadn't heard about layoffs and general off shoring.Too bad, peavey fought the good fight though. Hopefully they survive the transitions with class.

11. BlackStrat_Fan

BlackStrat_Fan Member

Well…maybe you should check out the Undercover Boss Peavey episode. Not classy at all.

12. BenoA

BenoA Member

Last edited: Apr 30, 2015
  13. Bucksears

Bucksears Silver Supporting Member

Wow - didn't realized they were so small (stateside) now.
    So, the company I work for has about the same number of US workers?

14. ken374

ken374 Member

6505 only does one thing the lead channel! take my DSL any day. I had a 6505+ combo with a speaker change it ripped on the red but ok crunch and cleans.

15. pvampmgr

pvampmgr Member

The 6505+ MH is on the way here now. We should be shipping to stores by the end of May. It's a fantastic little monster and the MSDI along with the power scaling makes it possible to get that crushing metal tone in a very small club without causing bodily harm.

That Clarion Ledger story was false, btw. We had some highly publicized layoffs back in October, but the story got re-hashed last week. It was a real mess and I was sitting here at my desk and started getting texts from family and friends asking if I was OK. They had to issue a retraction. What actually happened is due to our downsizing the factory (which hasn't been fully utilized for many years, btw) we hired an auction company to help us sell some of the equipment that is sitting idle, a reasonable thing to do I would say if you are a family that owns millions of dollars in equipment not being used. Anyway, the auction company issued a press release about us closing 2 factories, but didn't mention it was the same story from last year. The AP picks it up, and all the local media goes nuts, because contrary to what people think we still do manufacture quite a bit in the factory including CA guitars which are completely awesome, btw. We are still one of the biggest employers here in this area. It wasn't a good day to be sure, but our management team was able to get the truth out quickly and did a great job here locally in doing so.

16. Custom50

Custom50 Member

Yeah, I saw that episode. Really bummed me out.

17. mikebat

mikebat Member

What they need is a serious HR person that can teach the management about emotional intelligence and employee communications.

Hartley's whole "I'm a maverick shtick" is fun and all, and it makes for a great cartoon character, but people need to know that a paycheck is coming this week, and for the medium term future too. Regarding Courtland Gray, he needs to get his hands dirty more often, and not for 1 week, for a longer term. He seems so incredibly disconnected, and seemingly intimidated by staff and his dad, it is sad.

I hope my evaluation is way off and hope they turn this around.

18. LPMojoGL

LPMojoGL Music Room Superstar Supporting Member

What a mess. Glad PV is still alive and hopefully strong in USA.

19. Stinky Kitty

Stinky Kitty Supporting Member

Great to hear that Mike but let's be honest, the Peavey VYPYR PRO release has been a disaster for the company. Originally debuting at the Winter NAMM two years ago, it rose from the ashes in January (a full year later) and of course, to no one's surprise, more delays followed. I know down the hall at the Peavey forums, this continued delay has been cause for many an angry post and with good reason. Most of us Peavey fans well remember how the Transformer flew under the radar and we know what the PRO is capable of providing us if it improves on what already, was a great platform.

I've been a loyal Peavey fan/owner for 30 years now but the VYPYR PRO delay has been comical. After a full year's wait with nothing on the shelves, there is no way that amp should have reappeared at NAMM this year unless the darn thing was ready to ship. Now, we're being told it's delayed again...until mid summer.

20. Valtyr

Valtyr Member

Good to know, wish Peavey were still making electric guitars in the states.

I am familiar with CA guitars and they are awesome.