65amps london/soho cleans?

jkamp20

Gold Supporting Member
I've been contemplating picking up one of these great amps in the near future :drool

I've seen lots of reviews and the vids on youtube. The crunch out of these guys sounds pretty good (by that I mean amazing!), but I really haven't heard much about their clean sound quality and differences between the respective amps. So owners, please chime in on how they sound . . . voxish, fenderish, marshally etc.

Thanks guys.

Axeplyr

Platinum Supporting Member
I own a Soho with a 2x12 cab loaded with the G12H30 and the Celestion gold.

The clean channel is what this amp does best, in my opinion. Think Brownface/Blackface Fender terriroty. Lush, complex, dynamic, really spectacular. Best clean tone I've ever gotten - better than my friend's Super Reverb, my Twin Reverb, my 59 Bassman LTD RI.

Hipster Dofus

The London is Vox, and marshall. Not real loud clean, but if you like the edgy cleans, this amp will do British tones all day. Louder, you need to use some 'english' to 'work' it.

Axeplyr

Platinum Supporting Member
Axeplyr I have been looking at the Soho as well. How would you describe the overdriven sounds?
Overdriven sounds are great as well. The bump channel is definitely Vox/Marshall. The amp is hypersensitive and overdriven is a brash tone. I find if I want to get a Marshall tone, I need to use the master volume. for some reason, the amp's voicing changes and compresses more like a Marshall (JTM45/Plexi) with the master engaged and turned up a bit.

Sniper-V

My London's got some killer cleans tones especially in the EF86 side Low input.
But,
Its only got so much headroom with that low wattage.

The SoHo will have a little more headroom available.

Rock72

I bought the Soho (I have the head and 2x12 cab) primarily because of its driven tones (which I agree will take you to vox-marshall territory), but I was pleasantly surprised by its clean tones. They're GREAT, and I find myself using the low input and cleans a lot (and the amp takes pedals well). Although "just" 20w, I was positively surprised about the headroom.

Great amp from a great service-minded company.

Trending Topics