• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

67 DRRI problem

Obiwannabe

I have a problem with my deluxe. After about 2 min of playing it crackles and drops in volume. I can crank it to ten but i only get the power of it on 2 or 3. I play on chan 2 so i pluged it into chan one to see if it was my V1 12AX7. I have not switched the actual tubes. Coukd this be a power tube issue or preamp?

Blue Strat

Is it a '67 DR or a DRRI? Have you made any changes to it recently? Have you eliminated everything but guitar, cable and amp? If not, do that.

It could be one of 50 different things. The ones you can do something about are tubes.

Did it behave any differently in channel 1?

Check this tube layout out. https://www.kcanostubes.com/content/fender-amp-preamp-tube-layout-and-recommendations

Channel one uses only V1 and V6 preamp tubes. See if swapping different 12AX7s into these sockets brings the volume back. If so, use the V1 tube in V2 and see if that helps.

Obiwannabe

I went straight in no changeo
As i said chan 1 its the same thing as chan 2.

When i hit the strings hard it seems to break up a lot

Blue Strat

Is it a Reissue?

Easiest thing to try is replacing tubes. Or you can take it to a tech who might fix it by preplacing tubes (and charging for his time). You'll need new tubes eventually anyway.

Trending Topics