• New Sponsor: ShipNerd, Ship Your Gear with Us... for less! Click Here.

'68 Custom Deluxe Reverb hiss?

mikiedreb

Can any owners of Fender's new '68 Custom Deluxe Reverb either confirm or deny the existence of the dreaded low volume hiss that was prevalent in the CVR and the SS22 amps?

Thanks......

ken374

Mine didn't work, I looked into the reverb unit and one of the springs came off during shipping. Going to take it in tomorrow. I first noticed a hum noise like the guitar wasn't plugged in. V3 on my twin is the reverb tube try switching it with the PI tube 12at7

mikiedreb

Mine didn't work, I looked into the reverb unit and one of the springs came off during shipping. Going to take it in tomorrow. I first noticed a hum noise like the guitar wasn't plugged in. V3 on my twin is the reverb tube try switching it with the PI tube 12at7
Thanks for the reply....

I'm doing my due diligence prior to purchasing. I was hoping the Custom Deluxe Reverb was a bit quieter than both the CVR and the SS22 at lower
volumes.

TheBuffalo

Gold Supporting Member
I had the 68 CPR, it was noisier than a vintage CPR I know that. But I wouldn't call it a hiss

ken374

My 68 twin came back today and the reverb is quiet, just keep the pedal away from the amp or it will hum like its not grounded. I just had it on top of the amp for today

Trending Topics

Top Bottom