• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

'68 Custom Deluxe Reverb

racecarracecar

Hello,

I have had my '68 Custom Deluxe Reverb for a couple weeks now. Must be still in the honeymoon period, cause I'm lovin' it. First Fender besides a Champ. I usually play thru a Club Royale or ac15.

I'm curious about two things. I only searched a little so please be patient with me.

The Vintage side, how close is it to an original '68 DR?

The Custom side, what exactly is a "Bassman Tone Stack"?

Thanks

67super

I've had the 68 custom for about a month and I like it a lot. I have an original 68 DR and the new 68 Custom sounds great head to head with the original on the Vintage/Vibrato side. The new amp did away with the bright cap and decreased the negative feedback which makes the amp breakup earlier. The bassman tone stack just means the original normal channels tone controls have been replaced with components that are similar to the components used in a tweed bassman. This makes the amp more versatile. The original normal channel was pretty much useless.

Trending Topics