• New Sponsor: ShipNerd, Ship Your Gear with Us... for less! Click Here.

'69 Fender Vibrolux

gtrdaddy

Silver Supporting Member
OK, what is the general concensus on value here? I am looking at an all original, pristine, out of a time capsule, unmolested example of a '69 SF Vibrolux. It even has the original tubes in it with all paperwork including warranty paperwork.

What is this worth????

reddog112

Gold Supporting Member
I think the tubes are the X factor....might be better to sell the vintage glass and sell the amp with new tubes.

Baxtercat

Silver Supporting Member
Just sold my mint with tags '69 for $1200 to a friend. I bet i'da got a little more on ebay or CL....

gtrdaddy

Silver Supporting Member
Thanks for the input everyone. Please keep the comments coming. I'm not actually selling this thing, I'm considering buying it. I believe the guy is asking too much. Your comments confirm my thoughts. He is asking $1800....

frickengruvin

Gold Supporting Member
I bought the exact same pristine type amp, although it was a '70, and had reverb too. It was outfitted with JBLs instead of Jensens (which is what I wanted, and I paid $1300 for it.
Politely offer what you are willing to pay, and be courteous if he declines, but let him know you're offer will stand, but you will be actively searching, and that they are out there and available, and with the economy we are in, your search won't last too long. Good luck!

gtrdaddy

Silver Supporting Member
Thanks for the input everyone. Picked her up for 1350. She's beautiful. I will post pics soon.

gtrdaddy

Silver Supporting Member
I was going to put up pics yesterday....then today. Problem: I haven't put the guitfiddle down long enought to grab the camera. This thing just OOOOOZES smooth, round, soft, bubbly and like, double-cheese on my burger bein' grilled melty tone! AAAAHHH..... I'll try to get the pics up tomorrow!

reddog112

Gold Supporting Member
I was going to put up pics yesterday....then today. Problem: I haven't put the guitfiddle down long enought to grab the camera. This thing just OOOOOZES smooth, round, soft, bubbly and like, double-cheese on my burger bein' grilled melty tone! AAAAHHH..... I'll try to get the pics up tomorrow!

What speakers does it have in it?

gtrdaddy

Silver Supporting Member
Originals/ (Typo corrected, I accidentally typed Jensen) Oxfords I believe 465-909 10L5-3

Last edited:

gtrdaddy

Silver Supporting Member
Hey Zac, no, it wasn't hard. He understood he was asking too much (at least I thought)...He was a real nice guy to deal with too. Smooth deal.

blackba

Platinum Supporting Member
Looking forward to seeing the pictures. Congrats on a fine amp. Hopefully it is a drip edge model, love those drip edge SF Fenders :)

Top Bottom