6g15 reverb unit

marcus41144

Hi TGPs: Can anyone help with a problem with a 6g15 reverb unit Im building,, I have checked rechecked,again and again,and cant find the problem.. Unplugged with no tubes in place and the switch off,I get a reading with my meter.. Any ideas would help save my sanity and be greatly apprieciated, Thanks Marco41144

Trout

Hi TGPs: Can anyone help with a problem with a 6g15 reverb unit Im building,, I have checked rechecked,again and again,and cant find the problem.. Unplugged with no tubes in place and the switch off,I get a reading with my meter.. Any ideas would help save my sanity and be greatly apprieciated, Thanks Marco41144

Can you post some pictures of the internals?

tommytomcat

You get a reading where? Pardon me if you already know this, but filter caps can hold power for hours after an amp is turned off and unplugged. If the 6G15 had a standby switch like most guitar amps, leaving the standby ON while turning the Power/AC off will usually cause the caps to discharge after a few minutes. This isn't the safest method, but I always check every cap with two screw drivers... touch the chassis with one and while contacting the shaft of the grounded one touch the positive terminal of the filter cap.. i.e. you're providing a path to ground for the positive end of the cap. if there's any juice in there, you'll hear a pop. Make sure only touching the insulated parts of the screw driver.

Trending Topics