• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

7 string pick up??

rustyair

Hello,

I'm getting a custom 7 string, full hollow (2 3/8" depth) laminate body guitar soon and wondering which pick ups are available for 7 string? I only know a kent armstrong and duncan 59'. Thanks!

s2y

DiMarzio makes a few. Of course EMG does. Many custom pickup companies can make something. I found out that finding single coils is a bit of a challenge.

chrisforshage

Silver Supporting Member
Bare Knuckle makes several archtop suitable(i.e. paf-y) 7 string pickups and they actually offer their 7 string pickups with metal covers. I believe they are the only company to do so

TresGatos

Pete Biltoft (Vintage Vibe) made me a 7 string P-90 that's amazing (well, it sounds like a P-90).
He can make anything in 7 string configuration.

chrisforshage

Silver Supporting Member
True! I've used Pete's humbucker sized Charlie Christians and they were superb. He said a seven string version would be no trouble at all

Trending Topics