7 year olds baseball game turns into parent brawl

Discussion in 'The Pub' started by rowdyyates, Jun 19, 2019.

1. Fishyfishfish

Fishyfishfish Member

It’s all about teaching children good sportsmanship....and what life in prison is like.

Slaphappy, Trevordog, Mngwa and 21 others like this.
  2. ShredSquatch

ShredSquatch Conspiracy Experience Director & Stunt Guitarist Supporting Member

3. FenderBigot

FenderBigot Supporting Member

Sad... it’s actually pretty darned sad.

fretless likes this.
  4. Melodic Dreamer

Melodic Dreamer Member

5. sahhas

sahhas Supporting Member

at my younger son's kindergarten soccer game 10 years ago, the opposing team's coach was just having a screaming match with the refs about a bunch of calls during the game. the funny thing was over 1/2 the kids on the field had no idea what they were doing, they were just kicking the ball around....we all just stared at this parent as he screamed and screamed about something w/ the calls. honestly couldn't believe it....but i guess to some people winning is everything...

Washburnmemphis likes this.
  6. jkendrick

jkendrick Member

Wtf. I coached my kids LL this past season made up of six and seven year olds. It’s barely baseball. My nephew (9yo) had a bad coach this season. We saw his last game and when my nephew was pitching he threw the first strike and his coach yelled to him, so the whole place could hear, “come on, this kid will be an easy out.” The opposing coach stopped the game and talked to the teenage ump, who had to talk to my nephew’s coach. People are nuts.

7. el capitan

el capitan Member

What fine upstanding residents.

Last edited: Jun 19, 2019
  8. aiq

aiq Supporting Member

You would think CO would be more chill.

I am disappoint, Colorado.

FenderBigot, Roark, time2kill and 2 others like this.
  9. Trebor Renkluaf

Trebor Renkluaf I was hit by a parked car, what's your excuse? Silver Supporting Member

10. Pat6969

Pat6969 Supporting Member

I've always told my kids, it's not how you play the game, its whether you win or lose! Wait.....

11. reddgeetarzan

reddgeetarzan Supporting Member

Exactly what kind of call would illicit this at a 7 year old's baseball game? People are just NUTS. Apparently this field isn't anywhere near one of those 'dispensaries'. Ha! :bong

FenderBigot likes this.
  12. jkendrick

jkendrick Member

FTFY

13. reddgeetarzan

reddgeetarzan Supporting Member

Yeah, that makes it even more insane!!!! That guy in the blue really took a thumpin'. Jeez.....

14. jiml

jiml Supporting Member

I "coached" youth kids soccer for many years. One of the requirements for being a coach was to get certified by New York State.

I signed up, was given a link for training and there was a test after.

The training involved identifying possible "kid touchers", dealing with unruly parents, and how to identify possible thunderstorms. There was one page on the first and third topics, but five pages was dedicated to dealing with crazy parents. There was no training on how to instruct kids how to play soccer, or the rules of the game.

Kinda sad.

spakuloid, FenderBigot, Drak and 7 others like this.
  15. Drew816

Drew816 Supporting Member

Not surprised at all...

I've written here before over why my boys quit baseball; their team made it to the semi-finals, the season had run so late due to constant weather delays three of their best players were gone. Still, they had basically won the game on a call that the opposing coach threw a complete hissy fit over. He was yelling and screaming at this teenaged ref, he just went completely off. His team's parents were trying to tell him to calm down but he'd have none of it. So this 14 year old kid under this barrage of yelling reversed his call, the other team got another at bat and they got a player in and won the game. But it was the right call, agreed upon by everyone that saw it (including some parents from the other team I might add).

The coach that did this was one of the league's board members. Embarrassing and impossible to explain away, you bet. Of the boys team I think only a few players played the next season. Oh, and that coach's team got blown out in their next game, deep fried and he ruined the game of baseball for my kids but he bullied his way to the next game; good job!

Overly dramatic you say? No, it was that bad and the boys were shocked and dismayed to see an adults hissy fit cost them their hard fought season and they just said "...why bother, we're done." I can't blame them. To this day my blood boils when I think about this, I wish someone had bunch this a-hole! ;)

QRSS and strike3 like this.
  16. slap_back05

slap_back05 Supporting Member

This is so pathetic yet not surprising at all. Two weeks ago at my son's T-ball game, one of the opposing team's coaches started yelling at the umpire in the bottom of the last inning. And the umpire was yelling back at her between plays. To my knowledge (coaching 1st base) nothing of interest had happened in the game, and the score was not close.

Some people are just trash I guess.

mixn4him likes this.
  17. Ps28

Ps28 Member

I've found the people there to be the complete opposite of chill.

18. DFB1

DFB1 Member

That school is 5 min from me.
    It's not as chill as people think it is here.
    Maybe they should legalize Valium?

prodrigu, QRSS and Scrapperz like this.
  19. Scrapperz

Scrapperz Member

Reminds me of little league. :oops:

ShredSquatch likes this.