7 year olds baseball game turns into parent brawl

Discussion in 'The Pub' started by rowdyyates, Jun 19, 2019.

1. StevenA

StevenA Member

Weird on many levels. Not sure those girls knew what they were signing up for.

2. NewLeaf09

NewLeaf09 Member

And perfectly suited to be a mod.

3. Darby Crash

Darby Crash Member

4. SlyStrat

SlyStrat Supporting Member

People suck today.

5. Autoesq

Autoesq Member

Just curious, is this all-star tournament or still regular season?

6. Sidney Vicious

Sidney Vicious Member

7. FiestaRed

FiestaRed Member

That was a strike?

twinrider1 likes this.
  8. TheGuildedAge

TheGuildedAge Supporting Member

The high school at which I teach had state champion basketball teams in the 70s. My co-worker, who was on the teams, said his first name was "you son-of-a-bitch" for the four years he played. Coach was a maniac but nobody cared because they won.

9. Tony Foran

Tony Foran Supporting Member

How often has that happened without the jackass parents. Kids playing by themselves , figure out their own rules. I'm a big fan of disorganized sports. But, I don't know how many sandlots games go on nowadays , so I might be some old guy talking about how things used to be better. Seriously, I love sandlot baseball.

Trevordog and StevenA like this.
  10. Drak

Drak Supporting Member

The price of weed must've gone up the day before around there.
    Out of control manic maniacal weedheads...whatyagonnadowidem?
    Throw em in jail!
    :rotflmao

11. Kyle B

Kyle B Supporting Member

Big parent fight at a LL hockey game here about 10 years ago... One parent stabbed another to death.

WTH????

12. FFOGG

FFOGG Fat Frustated Old Guy w/ Gut Gold Supporting Member

I coached LLB and Tourney ball for 12 years and I can tell you at least one time get the parents to take kids to the car at tourney in Reading Pa ...we were playing a team from Brooklyn and went we went ahead things it got really ugly ...

13. Last Nerve

Last Nerve Supporting Member

Doesn't surprise me at all.
    CO is a nice place, IMO, but full of entitled PARENTS, teaching kids to be entitled.
    It keeps getting worse around here. People think they're better than everyone.

14. dave s

dave s Member

Clipped from the article: Police said coaches and parents who were "unhappy with a baseball game" -- played by the 7-year-olds and officiated by a 13-year-old umpire.

There's the problem right there. Officiating by a 13-year-old? This kid simply CANNOT know the rules of baseball or is he anywhere NEAR qualified as an umpire OR to officiate a game.

Just an unbelievable outcome for all involved. Some of those folks need to go to jail. Simply disgusting how some people behave anymore. And their kids had to witness them behaving this way? Yeah, way to go, Dad. Your kids will grow up to be punk thugs, just like you!

I umpired Little League baseball for a lot of years. Never, EVER witnessed anything remotely close to this at a game I officiated. Kids played and had fun, parents behaved and nobody got hurt, cops were never called and nobody went to jail over a call on the field or the outcome of a game. Just WTF is WRONG with people that sucker punching people in a melee is the norm anymore?

15. Brett's Les Paul

Brett's Les Paul Member

I watched a video on Facebook the other day where several adults called a high school player a piece of s**t for a bad play. When his grandfather intervened on his behalf, he got kicked out of the game. I knew some of the people involved as they work for a nearby law enforcement agency. I was ashamed to watch this video and wondered just what they were thinking. Maybe I'm the one who doesn't get it, but I thought this was a game and I thought it was for the development of team spirit and cooperation amongst youth for the benefit of their futures. Apparently, it's about vicarious competition amongst adults whose last major accomplishment was years ago. Sad.

16. BadHiwatt

BadHiwatt Member

I think it would be nice for the local professional sports teams to join together and ban any parents who are banned from any league. You are banned from little jonnies 5-7 little league? No Rockies games for you.

17. fishleehooker

fishleehooker Supporting Member

The biggest problem in Pee Wee and Little League has always been the parents, but now its getting really bad. The problem, basically, is that former athletes want, oftentimes, still have their competitive egos to satisfy. No one cares, but a former athlete, and I have been guilty before reflecting on it, wants everyone to remember them and how good they were and the big win and they absolutely want their children to keep that attention on them. Its pretty sad. I was athlete of the year my senior year of High School and my degree is in Phys ed. Having put my son in wrestling for one year, it was a general embarrassment to me to see parental behavior. After the season, my son switched to music and theater full-time. It was his decision but after reflecting on my experience with sports, I was thrilled he was leaving them behind. I still like some sports, but its far less important every passing day to me.

18. Timcito

Timcito Member

Goodness knows what the aliens thought when they saw us perform that little spectacle!

fishleehooker likes this.
  19. fishleehooker

I can't tell you how often people can't do anything because their kids have a game. I'm like so? They will probably do better without you there, and it will be great for them to be on their own. But the parents rarely miss. So is the sport for the kid or for the adult? If your child will have more growth in a game without parents there, why go to all the games? If your child competes better without dad making him nervous, which is a LOT, then miss a few matches. Its good for the parents. Its good for the kids. But parents can't stand the thought of not being able to somehow control their children's lives anymore.
    True story: I got out of coaching because of parents. Too many dumb ones that want total control even over the coaches. Too many kids that don't want to play but do it for the parents.

Timcito likes this.
  20. fishleehooker

Attack during the game, when the protectors of the youth are beating the heck out of each other probably.