'70s Gibson 175s?

duaneallen

Silver Supporting Member
I wanted to see what you guys think overall about 175's from this era. Just played a '79 that was amazing. I was actually shocked, considering what people say about '70s Gibsons. Anyone here have one from this era? Anything that I should look out for?

The bear

I wanted to see what you guys think overall about 175's from this era. Just played a '79 that was amazing. I was actually shocked, considering what people say about '70s Gibsons. Anyone here have one from this era? Anything that I should look out for?
A good friend had a nice 175 from 79.

dewey decibel

I had a '70, no volute or other major Norlin changes, it was a good guitar, I wouldn't say killer. I don't really miss it. There's great guitars from every era. One of the sweetest Super 400s I'd ever played was a '70s.

duaneallen

Silver Supporting Member
What would you guys say is a fair price for a '79 in great condition that has been refretted and the pickups changed?

mwalker.rock

I think the Norlin era ES stuff is pretty good. In fact, some of the better playing and sounding Gibson ES guitars I've played have been from that era.

Looking on sold auctions of that guitar, $2k-$2500 seems about right for one in good condition.

Trending Topics