70s princeton at pawn shop ?

alright called the shops in town, ones got a 70s princeton for 400.... worth it. Either i like it and keep it or i hate it and want to profit. If i hate it will i profit.

dmagalhaes

Silver Supporting Member
Reverb, most likely. Non Reverb,maybe. Both scenario's are highly dependent on the condition.

Yossi

I have a silverface 70s Princeton non reverb and it is a GREAT amp. Takes pedals very well, has a lot of head room and is a perfect size for practice and jamming. At that price if its in good shape, you can't go wrong.

Tuberattler

Get it if it has the Push pull they are great amps. Not as warm as the originals but have a Fender flavor all their own.. let your ears be the judge.. my .02

teleman1

Silver Supporting Member
You folks need to get off the negative push/pull wagon. Mine will stack up to ANY silver face and has tone in spades. And I don't know hat Tuberattler is speaking of casue mine has tone that is as warm as a cup of Kona Coffee

Tuberattler

I wasn't dissing them, I've owned several. In fact the best sounding Deluxe Reverb I ever owned hands down was a silver face with PP and Randy Fencl in Spokane modded it so it was a really useful boost.

I agree the tone is warm, however.. uh hu uh hemmm ah they ain't as warm and tasty as a real BF but they are nicer than almost everything mass produced by Fender today. A lot of the 80's designs were Paul Rivera.. so pretty nice overall!

what will make it valuable if it has reverb or not.... it has push pull or not. I want to know if this is something worth flipping if i dont like.

bgoez

Stratocasters are my downfall!
Gold Supporting Member
the answer is yes "if it's in good shape" everybody agrees 400 bucks is fine if the amp is in nice condition. no matter push pull, black, or silver face...

HoboMan

Gold Supporting Member
"Come on down. I'll give you a good deal"

0.jpg

Animal Mother

$400? I wish they sold a Princeton at that price here.

The lowest I've seen in months is $1000 for a '74 Princeton Reverb on CL.

Our Canadian money is worth as much as yours now! Get it and sell it to somebody in Montreal (like me!). :)

okay not to be a repeating richard. If i buy this amp will i lose money if i sell it on ebay or something? Im looking to make a profit honestly.... but if i like it i will keep it.

its not gone! Goes out on the floor tomorrow. Thats why im asking questions!

Its for sure got reverb, i called him today. Seems very unknowledgeable about musical items. I will try it out tomorrow. offer him 300 or so and see what happens. Like i said Im really just trying to flip it. But there is a slim chance ill keep her.

Top Bottom