1. A proposal is now up as a poll to change the guidelines of TGP to only allow member self-deleting of post/threads for up to thirty days of the original posting it. We are now watching the poll here. Click here to view the thread.

Dismiss Notice

70s vibrolux reverb driver question

Discussion in 'Amps/Cabs Tech Corner: Amplifier, Cab & Speakers' started by snacker, May 20, 2011.

1. snacker

snacker Member

i have a 70s vibrolux reverb that was modded to use an EL84 to drive the reverb before i bought it - any opinions on whether i should keep it or go back to stock - i've had a tech recommend that i go back to original spec - i love the reverb on my deluxe reverb and from what i hear, the vibrolux should have the same reverb - ideas?

2. Fenderosa

Fenderosa Member

If you want the reverb in your Vibrolux to sound like the reverb in your Deluxe, then have it converted back to original spec.

3. mxvin

mxvin Member

dont really get why you want to mod the driver for an el84....
    put it back to spec...

4. Gene

Gene Member

Why would you mod it in the first place? What is the advantage of having a EL84 reverb driver?

If it was my amp, I would get it back to original specs.