Sold '72 Tele Custom RI with modern neck PRICE DROP

Discussion in 'Guitar Emporium Archive' started by sshan25, Apr 14, 2016.

1. sshan25

sshan25 Supporting Member

This is a recent MIJ ’72 Tele Custom RI body with an aftermarket modern profile neck. I’m not sure of the neck maker but it is of very high quality and easily as good as, if not better than, the factory one. It differs from stock in that it has a flatter radius (12”) and medium jumbo frets. It is reasonably chunky feeling and I would describe it as being somewhere between a “C” and “D” shape. A period correct Fender logo was applied and is over sprayed with poly. The “bullet” truss rod end is strictly cosmetic and is just pressed into the hole. It can be easily removed for TR adjustment. The 3 screw neck join is as solid as a rock (unlike the originals) thanks to good QC on the RI's. The tuners are the original factory “F” stamped 70's RI’s. As you can see, it looks completely stock. This action can be set really low and bending is effortless. Frets are almost as new. The body is completely stock with the factory bridge, pickups, pots & switch. The WHRB and bridge pickup sound great and balance well. The body has a few dings and scratches but nothing major. Comes in a non-original gig bag. If you are a fan of 70’s Tele Customs but are put off by the vintage sized frets and 7.25” radius necks as I am, this is the perfect solution. $400 Paypal’d and shipped CONUS.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 26, 2016
    nibus likes this.
  2. sshan25

I'll entertain trade offers, too.

3. sshan25

Make me a reasonable offer. The worst that can happen is I say no.