73 50w JMP Bass thru Torpedo Live

Picked up a Torpedo Live the other week, love this unit!!

[SOUNDCLOUD]https://soundcloud.com/lordriffenstein/1973-jmp-thru-greenbacks[/SOUNDCLOUD]

MBT74

Sounds great. The Torpedo Live is a superb bit of kit. I love mine. To be able to plug in an amp like yours and get that tone whenever you want, in any room and with no worries about noise problems / complaints is fantastic. Nice demo.

wedewer

I have had a Torpedo live since they first came out. I have been lazy though and haven't put he time into it and taken it to a gig. This clip sounds great. Is that a cab that came with the unit or a 3rd party IR? If its a cab that came with the unit, can you be specific? Which cab,mic, location, etc. I have all wanna try this combo with my Tophat Emplexador and my 2 germinos.
I really wanna try this unit out in a live setting. Thinking about taking it to my gig on Saturday.

I have had a Torpedo live since they first came out. I have been lazy though and haven't put he time into it and taken it to a gig. This clip sounds great. Is that a cab that came with the unit or a 3rd party IR? If its a cab that came with the unit, can you be specific? Which cab,mic, location, etc. I have all wanna try this combo with my Tophat Emplexador and my 2 germinos.
I really wanna try this unit out in a live setting. Thinking about taking it to my gig on Saturday.
This is the H&K Greenback cab so it is a Two Notes IR. I used the M160 mic and played around with the placement, I think Distance at 20%, Center at 6 or 7%, no additional EQ used.

Defendant

That sounds fantastic!

Question: what did you use for the room ambience?

Last edited:
Thanks a lot guys, digging the Torpedo more every day.
The room ambience is a plugin in Cubase, Roomworks, used a plate reverb that I tweaked a bit.