• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

'74 SFDR reverb issues/poltergeist...

55hz

Sometimes the reverb works great (albeit very "surfy").

Sometimes, out of nowhere, it screeches at an unbearable volume. If I turn the "Reverb" to "0" it stops. This is intermittent.

Today I turned my amp on, it was humming loudly. Even with no inputs plugged in or either volumes turned past "0". I finally turned down the "Reverb" knob and the humming decreased, and then went quiet, when I got to "0" on the "Reverb" knob.

Any hints/ideas/clues as to what is going on here?

guiltless

My first thing that I check is the reverb driver tube. It's the easiest thing to check as you don't have to remove the chassis. Also, try cleaning the tube pins and the socket itself.

If that doesn't work, a chassis pull may be necessary.

Fritz_D_Cat

I just serviced a DRRI with exact same issue. Leaky (one way) .0033 coupling cap in reverb circuit set a bad cap in doghouse to oscillating. Check the filter caps.

Trending Topics