$750 for a 1970's fender twin a fair price?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs' started by harpinon, Feb 27, 2012.

1. harpinon

harpinon Silver Supporting Member

Tubes tested good. Speakers re-coned. very clean.
    Good deal, over priced or just about right?
    Sound fair to you guys?

2. smolder

smolder Gold Supporting Member

its ok. check the ended listings on ebay. Twins are a tough sell these days with many (usually with less detail) seem to go under 550. Then you add a hundred to ship the thing. If you know the source and it does not need tubes or service, then that extra 100 bucks might be well spent.

as an aside... in chicago we have two 67/68 twin's with jbl's for above 1500. Both have and will likely be there for a long while, but people gotta dream.

3. littlejohn

littlejohn Member

People are asking crazy prices for some of the '70s stuff...I'd say if the amp sounds good, then $650-700 is Ok? It's all about the tone if I were picking one up. I miss my twin with JBLs...I didn't know how good I had it....long gone now.

4. FenderBigot

FenderBigot Supporting Member

If it's super clean than $750 is a fair price IMHO.

I always look at these type threads as funny... The amp's value is whatever you're willing to pay and whatever the seller is willing to let it go for in the end. Is there a "market value" in general? yeah, but it's also about where you live and what the supply and demand happens to be in that area. I'll be you $10 that Twins in Nashville sell for about $100 to 150 more than Twins do in Seattle.

Just my two cents.