79 patch cables compared

Motterpaul

Tone is in the Ears
This has not been posted for a while so I figured I would do it again. A lot of interesting information here:

glumlord

Haha! Anyone willing to rehash this topic should be forced to read all 18 pages of the thread from a year ago(spoiler: it’s a pretty wild ride...)

I’ll just leave this right here.

Motterpaul

Tone is in the Ears
Well, I noticed a lot of the pictures from that old thread were missing, so I thought it might be good to start over. In the post-covid time, that thread was last century.

glumlord

Well, I noticed a lot of the pictures from that old thread were missing, so I thought it might be good to start over. In the post-covid time, that thread was last century.

That makes sense. I’m not usually one to call out multiple threads on similar topics, especially now that the search function is less than ideal.

I was mostly poking fun of the fact that the last thread(and almost every thread relating to cable capacitance for that matter) almost immediately dissolved into arguments over theoretical mathematics rather than real-life experience. The arm-chair scientists really come out of the woodwork for these threads!:hide

Tiny Montgomery

Silver Supporting Member
That makes sense. I’m not usually one to call out multiple threads on similar topics, especially now that the search function is less than ideal.

I was mostly poking fun of the fact that the last thread(and almost every thread relating to cable capacitance for that matter) almost immediately dissolved into arguments over theoretical mathematics rather than real-life experience. The arm-chair scientists really come out of the woodwork for these threads!:hide
I can’t say I’ve seen any “theoretical mathematics” invoked. I’m not even quite sure what that is, honestly.

“Real- life experience” is only as useful as the person’s frame of reference. But every piece of electronic gear we use was created and designed using math. In real life, even.

Jazzandmore

Platinum Supporting Member
I've known about this website for ZeroCap cables for a while, but never hear it talked about. From what I can tell, these guys totally geeked out (which is cool as I am an engineer) and designed a patented rig to specifically measure the frequency response of pickups. It even allows for comparison. They do it will high capacitance, low capacitance and then their own Zero Cap cable to produce these graphs.

They not only graph it out, but you can click to hear sound samples from each pickup through these different capacitance cables. Pretty substantial number of pickups tested (253).

Trending Topics

Top Bottom