7empest is the best Tool song.

Bluesful

Silver Supporting Member
Clickbait-y title for a thread for sure, but I honestly believe that 7empest is the best song that Tool have ever recorded.

It is epic.

Anyone agree?

*I'm seeing them tomorrow night, and I hope they'll play it, but I haven't been checking setlists from the recent tour. Thus, not sure if it's been in rotation.

spakuloid

7empest is the best song on Fear Inoculum for sure. Best Tool song... probably something on Aenima which is their best album at their creative and cultural peak. Funny how their "best" songs from all their albums always sound like something off of Aenima to me and 7empest is right at home there as well.

Coli

Silver Supporting Member
They have been playing it at soundchecks- good luck

it won’t matter- the visuals are so unbelievably fantastic- everything is 7empest
- I have seen them 4 times this tour and It just keeps going next level- the crowd in Memphis was wild and edgy, and they responded with the best show I have seen in a decade
-Enjoy!!

Frater B

Descending is probably my favorite on the new album.

A few of my favorites are:
Ticks and Leeches, Reflection off Lateralus
Rosetta Stoned, Right In Two off 10,000 Days
Pushit, Third Eye off Aenima

edit: Enjoy the show! Hope they play 7empest. that and Culling are the only
two they did not play off the new release when I saw them.

Last edited:

Imem

That is actually my least favorite song on Fear Inoculum, much prefer Pneuma. Not that I think 7empest is bad just I personally prefer the vibe of the other songs. I think the remark that it sounds like it could be of Aenima is why its not my favorite, its too familiar, and the songs on Aenima have more immediacy and impact to me at least.

MESA/BUDDA

Not even the best song on the album.

The first half of the song pales in comparison to the second half.

DewieCox

Silver Supporting Member
I've read this a few times.

It's all subjective of course, but I just don't see that.

I'd take Fear Inoculum over Ænima any day of the week.
:confused:

They’ve basically lifted parts from their earlier songs and added a few Tool cliches and frankensteined them into longer and more boring songs. For a band that prides itself on progressing, it’s almost embarrassing.

Trending Topics