1. During the first week of August 2020, we'll be upgrading the software TGP runs on to the currently available up-to-date version. The software version is a significant upgrade, so there will be some downtime as we do the work under the hood. We've got a team of professionals, including the software development company assisting the process. We've conducted substantial tests using backups of the current forum to ensure a smooth and successful upgrade. We've gone to great lengths on the design of the theme (aka 'skin' or look and feel) of the forum to offer a better user experience for members and visitors. The default theme will be new, yet clearly influenced by the classic TGP look. We will have a dark version of that also easily selectable. Also available will be a "Classic TGP" theme that closely matches the current theme you are accustomed to using with the current software. There is also an easy width adjustment to make it set width or expand to your window width for each theme. As we get closer, I'll update everyone so hopefully, no one will be caught by surprise.
    Dismiss Notice

8.2 Pounds or 8 pounds 2 ounces?

Discussion in 'The Sound Hound Lounge' started by Bodhisattva, Jan 19, 2020.

1. candid_x

candid_x Supporting Member

So that's what it means for a bodhisattva to forgo enlightenment.

yfeefy likes this.
  2. Soul Man

Soul Man Local 83 Silver Supporting Member

This is 100% true. The guy eating pizza while ordering a Ti bolt kit from Nashbar.

Ok, back to guitars.

Bodhisattva likes this.
  3. yfeefy

yfeefy Member

LOL. And just maybe perhaps you were also joking, as the difference between a (non vintage) Epiphone and a Gibson dwarfs the difference between 8 lb 2 oz and 8.2 lb, both in quality of item and expected price range? ..and made me lol, once for your post and again seeing the response (and now a third time). Thank you.

Bodhisattva likes this.
  4. Bodhisattva

Bodhisattva Member

appreciate that. I tried to PM you directly to clear that up but apparently that's not an option with your account. Regardless it was inflammatory and dramatic. I mean if we're gonna try to be civil let's be civil, if we're gonna let it all hang out, i'm completely ok with that too but... if you're gonna dish it out, you better be able to take it.

5. lostpoet2

lostpoet2 Supporting Member

8.2 lbs is 3719 grams, whereas 8 lbs 2 oz is 3685 grams. Which is it?

Bodhisattva likes this.
  6. Bodhisattva

Bodhisattva Member

Appreciate that. That's useful info. I can respect that. I guess my perspective is...i have a real job that takes up a lot of my time. I'm not a guitar store and i don't have all day to field random questions and if someone is already getting nitpicky before they have even played the guitar, it's just going to be a PITA. i'd rather just do the "hey come play it, if you want it let's do it, if not, go to a guitar store" Where you can pay twice what i'm asking, + sales tax to pay for their customer services, inventory and patience.

this is why i don't sell on Reverb. Local, face to face, no BS. I price stuff fairly, i don't like to haggle.

Anyway - thanks for your genuine reply to my genuine question.

7. Bodhisattva

Bodhisattva Member

;)

8. specialidiot

specialidiot most likely to seceede Gold Supporting Member

When buying a guitar over the internet, without playing it, I'm going to ask specific questions and if I feel like my questions are being avoided or the answers are vague, I'm not buying.

When selling a guitar over the internet, when someone asks me a question I'm going to answer it.

eigentone, muzishun and twinrider1 like this.
  9. sixty2strat

sixty2strat Member

Yeah When I bought my R-8 the dealer marked it 8.12.....was it 8lbs 12 oz or 1.3 oz. I know I played the best the best sounding D chord I ever heard so could care less. people ask and I go IDK. But ambiguity drives me nuts when exactness is possible or easy. better yet just go 8/2 8. lbs 2 oz. Easy simple no confsion and requires no more typing or writing.

16 years latter I still don't know....my guess is 12 oz.

10. NicDo

NicDo Member

If its on ebay or reverb, you're best to figure out exactly the weight if you've mentioned it at all.
    All a a buyer needs is a little discrepancy that could read either way to get you slapped with some return shipping fees.

Private sale? You're all good.

11. Cap'n Lee

Cap'n Lee Member

Guy posted a bit of humor, as a sideline to your issue
    Very woke of you not to get it
    Similarly, answering the question posed with the recognised units i.e.pounds & ounces instead of bringing decimal to an imperial party would have saved you the extra work in posting about it for some back-slapping affirmation
    None from me, if that needs clarifying

Last edited: Jan 20, 2020
    Gevalt and tapeworm like this.
  12. bob-i

bob-i Member

Tell him it’s light

13. Dean_E

Dean_E Member

Can someone do a restocking fee?

14. Blanket Jackson

Blanket Jackson is Tio's favorite Silver Supporting Member

Where's your ad, I'm looking for an 8.2 lb R9

15. Sweetfinger

Sweetfinger Silver Supporting Member

If I can shave an ounce off every package I ship this year, I'll save something like 300 bucks in postage. Ounces count! Hashtag. oZct!

16. jvin248

jvin248 Member

They make these headless ergonomic Strandberg guitars that weigh under 5 lbs.

[​IMG]

Or these weigh around 4 lbs.

[​IMG]

17. Carltone

Carltone Member

2 oz = 1/8 lb or .125 so it would be 8.125 on a digital scale.
    8.2 on a digital scale is closer to .25 or 1/4 lb so 8.2 is closer to 8lbs 4 oz

18. Bluesful

Bluesful Supporting Member

19. handtrix

handtrix Member

[​IMG]
    ...'bout that much.'

20. stratocat63

stratocat63 Silver Supporting Member Supporting Member

I'm sorry I didn't realize you'd be upset when I asked the question.

Not caring about 1.2 oz might be not caring about 1/16" somewhere else. Just checking.