$80 fender srat

Discussion in 'Guitars in General' started by paulscape, Jan 2, 2008.

1. paulscape

paulscape Member

Ive been in asia almost 5 years... never bought a fake until the other day. I saw this 'ritchie sambora' model in a store and couldn't resist for the rediculous price. I doubled its value by replacing the strings!

video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DpQUgNvpMPE

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Speed_Racer71

Speed_Racer71 Member

" i seen a million faces, and ROCKED them all"

bout sums it up for me..id rock it

i swear i wish i had some big dollars. id fly to japan and other places over there and buy some guitars for sure

3. KissTone

KissTone Member

Loved the video--thanks!

4. motorcitychick

motorcitychick Member

I have always said, it is not the guitar but the player who makes it sound good. Even a cheap guitar can sound good, if you know how to play. Nice video and what in the world are you doing in Asia for 5 years?:D

5. paulscape

paulscape Member

Landscape architecture... Unbelievable projects, good money, cheap gear and cute girls. There's a reason for everything in life! Thanks for the comments on playing!

6. FlyingDutchman

FlyingDutchman Member

Damn..Nice playing and thats a sweet guitar for 80 bucks..You staying in Asia for awhile? I hope u can take the cat with ya if you leave....

7. Tone_Terrific

Tone_Terrific Member

Breakfast.:Devil

The current cheap guitars are quite amazing. That one is a prize.

8. paulscape

paulscape Member

hehe actually that cat is a little spooky and weird... i'll be leaving her here. I have another cat that's awesome though and I would be sad if I ever had to leave it behind. No guitar of course will be left.

Some of the falke Gibson's are amazing...I should do a whole big post on them but I think a lot of people at TGP would be against it morally and it would just turn into a china bashing thread. Supreme's, standard's, customs, boneyards, ace frehley's, playboy's, specials, SG's...you can get them all for silly money. When they copy a guitar they totally reverse engineer it so if you buy a fake strat with noisless pickups, they really are noiseless and sound like strat pickups. If you buy a les paul, they sound just like PAF's. Buy a Jem777 and the radius of the neck is just like the wixard necks. The $100 fakes are often better and 'truer' than any squire's and epiphones Ive played (which are also made in china).

Its a cool cheap guitar, something I can bash around, maybe I'll pick up another for a relic project...but it will never replace my real US strats!