• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

80's Hair Bands? Who is your fave?

Docgab1

Gold Supporting Member
Tonight as I look apon anther year I wonder... Of the 80's hair bands who was your favorite? There were many! Tonight my stereo is finally back together I am listening to... Poison and the Crue. Sorry but Every Rose Has Its Thorn and Something to Believe In are awesome. Just pulled out some old Twisted Sister and Quiet Riot. Come one!!!

Lets here from some "80 and 90s" metal heads!!!

Last edited by a moderator:

SL_22

There were really only a few that I did not like. Kix, Brittney Fox, Black n Blue.
My faves were Ratt, Crue, Bon Jovi, Dokken, TNT, White Lion, Skid Row, Bullet Boys, Krokus, Faster *****cat, LA Guns, Y&T, and many more.
Still my favorite music.

waylay00

Whitesnake (although I don't really consider them a "hair band" simply because I perceive Coverdale much more of a 70s rocker), XYZ, Y&T, Skid Row, Steelheart, Quiet Riot...

Badlands is probably my favorite, but once again, they sound more just like Zeppelin on steroids, and they didn't dress up with make-up, etc...Great song, check it out. Gillen sounds like a perfect combo of Coverdale, Glenn Hughes, and Paul Rodgers:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f_hqgqMzYKg&feature=related

I never got into Poison or Motley Crue. Too cartoonish for me.

GAD

Wubbalubbadubdub
Gold Supporting Member
I love 'em all.

Dokken
Whitesnake
Night Ranger
Motley Crue
White Lion
Great White
etc.

I played 'em all. Still love it.

GAD

Stike

I was a teen back then and listened to all that stuff. I gotta say alot of just doesn't do it for me like it did back then, Twisted Sister anyone? I never dug Poison. Vito Bratta sure played some cool stuff but I just got to the point where listening to Mike Tramp wasn't worth it.

Peeb

Are these "hair" bands?

Def Leppard
Van Halen (with DLR)

I don't think so, but a lot of people do.

Anyhow, I like em.

DocRock

Silver Supporting Member
Yeah, there are many rock bands from the 80's that have gotten lumped into the hair category unfairly just because they happened to be out at that time and happened to have long hair, as many did in those days. A great example of this would be Tesla ... I've never considered them to be a hair band, nor Van Halen.

My favorite "hair band?" Warrant for sure.

amigo30

Skid Row
Cinderella
Ratt
Krokus

As far as a live show goes, Poison is a damn fun band to watch as long as you don't expect too much musical nutrition from the whole experience.

Trending Topics