$85 what to get

Texas_Blues

What kind of good pedal can I get for $85 hopefully used, Im looking for like a Black Keys type of fuzz or maybe an OD to pair with my 808.

Any suggestions are much appreciated.

Thanks

Scott Auld

Administrator
Staff member
I think the only decent pedal in Sam Ash for that price is a Zakk, or some Boss pedals.

Save some more money and get a BBE or something.

dividedsky

Monsterpiece makes several fuzz options for around that price new, and also EarthQuaker Devices has some stuff around that price I believe.

XKnight

You should be able to find a used Barber OD pedal or a MI Audio Crunchbox for around $85.

Uma Floresta

What kind of good pedal can I get for $85 hopefully used, Im looking for like a Black Keys type of fuzz or maybe an OD to pair with my 808.

Any suggestions are much appreciated.

Thanks
I read in an interview that the Black Keys guy mostly uses a Maestro fuzz into a slightly distorted amp. Not sure if there are any cheap clones or soundalikes out there. Reportedly a Tonebender is similar, and you can get one from BYOC for that much (kit).

Edit - also found that GGG has a Maestro kit.

Guitar Josh

Resident Curmudgeon
Gold Supporting Member
Go to guitar center and get a little big muff, you should be able to dial in a fairly convincing BK tone.

Uma Floresta

Actually, after listening to some clips, the cheap little Danelectro French Toast sounds a bit like the Maestro, with the octave switched off.

Texas_Blues

Save up for an extra $15 and get the Lovepedal 200 lb tone!
Whats the "weight" time on those (yea I know bad pun) and whats the price?

Ill see what I can get, Ill post a similar thread on the pedal emporium forum.

Thanks

the black keys tech is Jamie Stillman, of Earthquaker Devices. Save up a little bit more and get one of those. I think the Black Keys have used the Hoof.

and Jamie's old band, party of helicopters, was so very good!

Trending Topics