9 volt cables - who makes the best?

oxtone

Looking for high quality 9 volt cables for my pedalboard. Have used VL cables, but recently saw
some that were thicker for a certain pedal power, but forget the name of it.

Anyone know where I can get better 9 volt cables?

Kylote

Dunno, I use the Voodoo ones that came with my power supply and have them twisted and distorted in all sorts of ways and they still always work...

8len8

Silver Supporting Member
For the currents typical pedals draw I doubt cable thickness really matters. Do you have other examples of why certain cables are bad? If not, I'd say almost any cable would work.

Black_Label

In all the years I've been building and tearing down boards, throwing them in trucks and vans, kicking them around on stage, in heat and cold; I've never had a 9v cable go bad. I've heard about people having the end break off in the socket when the jack is on the outer edge of a board but I never build my boards with the jack hanging over. I put 9v cables really low on my 'gear to worry about' list.

Stratobuc

The ones that came with my Yankee power supply are extremely heavy - duty. Like everything they make.

oxtone

The ones that came with my Yankee power supply are extremely heavy - duty. Like everything they make.
Thanks! I think that's the one I mentioned. Will check them out. Just Nick did a video about the Yankee power supply.

Trending Topics