• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

'90 MIJ Strat or G&L Tribute Legacy?

guitarnoize

This is speculative but I have seen both guitars for a similar price and I don't really know much about G&L Guitars so I don't know where the Tribute series are made but which one would be the best choice?

I am planning on getting a strat at some point and while I would love a Grosh or Suhr I know I won't be able to justify it to the Mrs even if I saved for years!

Critter

G&L tribute guitars have the same pickups as the american models so the sound is great. Also they have a volume treble and bass controls rather than VTT.. That being said it would be a hard choce if you are willing to upgrade the pickups in the MIJ.. And the MIJ is probably going to go up in value more..

guitarnoize

Well I would definitely be willing to upgrade and it would be nice to have a guitar that appreciates...

Critter

That being the case, I'd get the MIJ and when you upgrade keep the pickguard intact. buya new pickguard, pots, and a switch and build it from the ground up. It's hard to find an unmodified MIJ now days so if you keep the original all intact you'd probably come out better if decided to sell it later.

goflb31

even if you get the fender MIJ and swap out the pup's. The G&L is really nice as is I played the s500 and loved it. But of course it's your preference. I at some point will get both I want to get custom shop 50 pup's in a MIJ though.

guitarnoize

Well I'm a little way off getting a strat yet, maybe I'll siphon some of my wages into a savings account for a while and see how far I get ;)

Trending Topics