90's AC15

Colt

I found an AC15 locally...not the CC or the new heritage....the 90's type. IT doesn't have a blue in it, it has the cheaper speaker. I can get it for 400 out the door.....What do you guys think? I know if I got one, I'd HAVE to stick a blue in it.....

is 400 fair on these? I thought it sounded a little low.....

I'd mainly use it for playing at home, and maybe some practices. I like bigger amps for gigs. ( I think my concorde WILL happen this year!!)

Colt

man...I remember a few short years ago, this was a big amp around here for "giging musicians"....hmm....

Awesome amps. I've got one with the blue speaker and it sounds fantastic! I've heard them with the greens and they still sound great.
$400 is a great price.

Colt

it wasnt' a green in this one either, it was a vox labeled silver speaker. I've never seen one of those in this amp.....

I think I might have to pull the trigger on this....I was wanting a tiny terror and 1x12 cab for practice/jams/home/etc...but I think this would be cheaper (even after buying a blue for it used)........and have more mojo

Teahead

Wow, $400 is a great price for that amp and that "Vox" speaker could even turn out to be a silver alnico! The '90s AC15 is highly respected on the Plexi Palace forum, essentially it shares many of the Handwired features, although using PCB construction.

TAKE THE SELLER'S ARM OFF!

Teahead

By the way, when I say Handwired I mean the UK built HW Reissue, not the Heritage CC types.

The speaker doesn't happen to look like one of these does it?

silveralnico6.jpg

slippyknees

Silver Supporting Member
buy it and immediately send it to pete cage - he'll gut it and rebuild it as a handwired ac15. it will no longer have trem or reverb but you'll have a vastly improved amp. i bought one already done on ebay and absolutely love it. i spoke with pete himself to ask about it and he's a super nice/helpful guy. if i remember correctly it costs around $500 and he only does this to 90's reissues. can't say enough good things about this mod.

Trending Topics

Top Bottom