9VDC rechargeable battery pack?

redeyedjim

I am basically looking for a device like the PT Volto, but a) still in production, and b) good.

This is to be used with a Fernandes Nomad Deluxe I recently picked up, a travel guitar with built-in effects like this one:

It's essentially a novelty, to be sure, but it's also a lot of fun to play as long as you don't expect too much from it. It absolutely devours batteries, though -- between the multi-effects and the built in amplifier, I'm lucky to get 30 minutes from a fresh alkaline. It has a standard 9VDC jack for an external PS, so I can power it from a rechargeable 9V battery pack with a big reserve if I can find one.

Any recommendations for this sort of thing? I can put the pack in my pocket or hang it from the strap like a wireless transmitter, I just want the freedom to be able to play this thing away from 120VAC power sources for more than 30 minutes at a time.

Tiger J

Fernandes made a 6 AA battery pack mounted to a Fernandes guitar strap for these guitars. Maybe Fernandes can still sell you one direct NOS?

navairgeek

Redeye-2 questions?
1. Did you get that hard case from Japan? If so, how's it working out?
2. this battery pack, I assume it's center positive (or has optional cables), to match the Fernandes AC adapter?
Thanks!

redeyedjim

Redeye-2 questions?
1. Did you get that hard case from Japan? If so, how's it working out?
2. this battery pack, I assume it's center positive (or has optional cables), to match the Fernandes AC adapter?
Thanks!
Hi navairgeek,

1. Yes, I got a Fernandes Nomad hard case from Japan last year. It's been working great! It's a high quality case, it protects the instrument very well, and I feel it was worth the hassle to import it. I feel the case itself is priced fairly, but you do pay a fair amount in shipping to get it from Japan to the US. It was worth it to me but might not be worth it to anyone else, lol.

2. Yes, the battery pack is center positive, IIRC. BTW, I did not use that one in the link but a different one from B&H Photo, that now seems to have been discontinued. I got this all sorted out last year, put the correct cable for it in the same case as the battery pack, and haven't thought about it since. Again, if I recall correctly the battery pack uses a single connector cable, and the wall adapter I've been using uses a polarity reversing cable. But I'm at work and those items are at home, so I can't check at the moment. Functionally, the battery pack has worked great, though I accidentally killed it a few months ago (knocked off a table by yours truly) and haven't replaced it yet. Thanks for the reminder, actually!

Trending Topics