• TGP is giving away a Strat, Tele, and Jazzmaster. Click Here for full details.
    Click Here to upgrade your account and enter today!

A $15,000 Rosewood Rip-off!!

NewLeaf09

Silver Supporting Member
You might think, since the guy seems to be reading this thread, that he's in a panic to undo the deal before he's found out and is forced to deal with a formal complaint. Maybe he can do the right thing before he's compelled to - hint, hint.

dirge59

You might think, since the guy seems to be reading this thread, that he's in a panic to undo the deal before he's found out and is forced to deal with a formal complaint. Maybe he can do the right thing before he's compelled to - hint, hint.
The crime has already been committed! and he has apparently done this before with mixed results! Paypal will take care of the buyer if it is noticed in time,,, A refund is what he expects as a worse case scenario!

o0Ampy0o

I might have missed it if mentioned in this thread, the serial number should show up as something different or invalid if it was faked, provided Fender has a registry and people update it.

However, if this guy probably looked and came up with one that fit in a range of missing numbers.

dirge59

I might have missed it if mentioned in this thread, the serial number should show up as something different or invalid if it was faked, provided Fender has a registry and people update it.

However, if this guy probably looked and came up with one that fit in a range of missing numbers.
You don't need the serial #!! just look at the neck heel? Had it not been for that I would not have even looked at my pictures! And a 2pc top and back have 4 different fingerprints!

o0Ampy0o

I am not saying you need anything. It was immediately obvious to me that this guitar could not be as old as claimed. I just brought up the serial number as another piece of evidence.

62StratDoc

I feel for the guy who bought it (if someone really did buy it), but I just can't wrap my brain around someone dropping $15k on a guitar they obviously don't understand or have any knowledge of. if you are looking for a '69 rosewood tele and are in the market to spend $15k, you should have a good idea of what it is you are looking at. you should be better able to spot the incongruities.

dirge59

An Investor would have cleaned up if he found a mint condition '69 Rosewood for that price!! Most vintage,or iconic guitars are not bought by players,,, and if he did fake it, there would be 1,500.00 in ebay and paypal fees! unless both parties canceled the sale!!

o0Ampy0o

$1500 in fees may offset the consequences of being caught and held accountable, especially if he has made quite a profit from previous scams and the money has been a free ride anyway.

dirge59

$1500 in fees may offset the consequences of being caught and held accountable, especially if he has made quite a profit from previous scams and the money has been a free ride anyway.
Then one would be just be smart to cancel the listing,, it was a BIN???

mid-city tim

It took Ebay a bit to post that after the sale,, so I would guess the buyer only got ripped off for $6,500.000???
The price was still hidden but if you go watchcount.com and enter the item number it will show the sold for price.

Looks like the POS is running scared because the item is now removed.

dirge59

WOW! so he sold a mint '69 for 8,500.00! What was the buyer thinking? He even had feedback privileges before he bought????

o0Ampy0o

Does ebay delay posting completed sale information for a certain amount of time the transaction is being processed or something?

Revisiting the proxy backup buyer scenario, he might have saved hundreds in fees selling at that price and will be receiving good feedback.

Trending Topics