A/B box into High and Low Input

esmiralha

Hi people,

I thought of hooking up an a/b box between my guitar and both inputs of my amp (a D13 LDW 17/39) and putting a booster in the High input to get kind of a lead and rhythm sound... Is this possible? Sorry if this is a stupidly obvious question, but... I am just a 35-year old newbie!

Thanks!

RyanFromQA

I don't see anything wrong with that. :)

Personally, I'm looking forward to using my A/B box and the Normal/Bright channels of my 5e3 to make two parallel FX chains. :banana

Pietro

2-Voice Guitar Junkie and All-Around Awesome Guy
You can hook into the "low", hook a regular latched footswitch into the "hi", and just "add in" gain by engaging the footswitch with some. Works with my Z. It does what you want cleanly.

Pietro

Is it two different inputs with one being higher than the other a la Fender? Then yes. If it's channels then no.

Looking at a pic of your amp, yes, I think this will work.

Again, guitar into input 2, footswitch (latched) into input 1. Done.

esmiralha

I tested the trick and it works... kind of. The sound I get is neither the high nor the low output regular sound and it has some noise. I do get a boost when I hit the footswitch, but the noise is there. Could it be a defective footswitch (I used an old one that I had at hand)?

Pietro

I never had a problem with noise when I did it.

Another possibility that sounds WAY better is what I'm doing now. I'm using an xotic EP booster, perhaps the best boost I've ever used. marvelous clean boost and it adds some magic to your signal too. It's not a lot more than an A/B box.

esmiralha

I changed the cable of the footswitch (came with my old JCM800) and voila no noise. Sounds exactly the same as switching between the inputs. Thank you, Pietro!

I will check out the Xotic booster, sounds pretty musical!

Trending Topics