• New Sponsor: ShipNerd, Ship Your Gear with Us... for less! Click Here.

A/B Box: what are you using?

MrSpud

For those who have 2 amps setups, what switch box you recommend?
If cost is secondary, the Lehle Dual SGOS is great. Totally silent switching without any impact on tone. You can also use it to drive both amps (or both channels on one amp).

For less money, Lehle has a "Little Dual" switch. It isn't as good, but it's about half the price.

I used a loop-master A/B with my badcat a while back. It did everything I needed it to do - no pops, had LED's to show which channel I was on, and it was built like a tank - very, very reasonably priced, built-to-order, and it arrived very quickly.

I'd definitely recommend him!

vibrasonic

I had a kendric abc for awhile but found it really noisy, not the one to get. i use my old dod now, it does the job.

cestjoel

Best bang for your buck without the annoying popping sound:

EH Switchblade! And now they have a Switchblade +

alivegy

Radial Switchbone. I use it for stereo setups and for running a dry signal to a recording platform. It does everything that I need it to without killing tone.

Simple PepTone ABY box for now. Though now I need something with a phase switch since my Twin Reverb is always out of phase. Also need a Stereo Jack in with Mono Jacks out so I can play my Ric through both pickups. Will most likely need to get something custom since I don't know what my options are. Anyone care to help point me towards somewhere?

john l

Silver Supporting Member
Another Radial JX2 guy here, this thing tackles any issue splittiing your signal can (and eventually will) throw at you.

teleman55

a/b or a/b/y? Big difference. For simple a/b, I just use a cheap Boss a/b pedal. a/b/y, you can use a simple a/b/y pedal if both amps are in phase. If not, you need a better one.

cestjoel

teleman55 said:
a/b or a/b/y? Big difference. For simple a/b, I just use a cheap Boss a/b pedal. a/b/y, you can use a simple a/b/y pedal if both amps are in phase. If not, you need a better one.
How do you know if your amps are in or out of phase?

Jimishrine

Check out Lehle switchers. It will make a huge difference.

I use a Lehle P-Split II, as I run both amp all the time and don't need the switching capabilities. I was using a Morley ABY and borrowed my band mate's Lehle Dual SGoS one day at rehearsal and the difference was night and day. I ordered the P-Split the next day.

Trending Topics

Top Bottom