1. The Rules have been updated regarding posting as a business on TGP. Thread with details here: Thread Here
    Dismiss Notice

A/B/C/D pedal

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by jrm, Aug 1, 2006.

1. jrm

jrm Member

Hey guys:
    I am in need of an A/B/C/D pedal, so I can plug my different guitars into my effects setup, so I don;t have to keep plugging and unplugging for guitar changes. I've emailed over to Pacific Custom Pedals, but I'm willing to consider all options. Can anyone think of anything I should consider? OR have a used one? (even an A/B/C would probably work) Thanks!

jon

2. Aj_rocker

Aj_rocker Member

Its hard to know how to answer this question. Do you need a system which can have four true bypass loops. or a system which can switch to four amps?

Aj

3. onestop

onestop Silver Supporting Member

If you're looking for a straight A/B/C type of pedal, Nick Greeg makes something called The Third Dimension (I believe). Check that one out.

4. jrm

jrm Member

Hy AJ. I need a unit that I can connect all my guitars to, and then select one signal to send out of the unit into my effects setup.

I'd liek to have a way to have my Les Paul, hollowbody, 12 string, and 7 string all plugged in at the same time so all i have to do is select which signal I would liek to route through my effects and then to my amp. Does that make sense?

5. Aj_rocker

Aj_rocker Member

So you need a 4 to 1.

Aj

6. Impulse 101

Impulse 101 Member

I'd look at a Switchblade. It's a rackmount router that will do more than you could imagine. It's iso'd and buffered. I have one and it's worth every sent of the $899.

JT

7. LavaMan

LavaMan Gold Supporting Member

8. jrm

jrm Member

4 to 1. Yes, that sounds right. I guess I just didn't know the correct term! Thanks!

Any idea where I could find Nick Greeg's stuff as I weigh my options?

9. Nitefly182

Nitefly182 Member

Are you playing them all at once or are you just too lazy to change guitars? PS, laziness is admirable sometimes, but not always.

10. jrm

jrm Member

not playing them all at once, nor am I trying to be lazy! Just tryng to minimize the amount of tiem I spend swapping cords duing shows! I'd just rather sepnd more tiem playing than pulling cords!

11. Luke

Luke Senior Member

You could use a single strap and a wireless unit, pick up guitar, attach strap, plug in, take you 8 seconds.

12. jrm

jrm Member

I definitely could... but I'm not a big fan of my wireless unit, so I was thinking this would be a cheaper alternative....

13. iainmc

iainmc Member

having done something like this in the past (i had 2 guits into an a/b), i would suggest it is not the best way to go.

Especially when a drunk dude trips over your a/b box & pulls both your guitars off the stands. especially when the drunk dude is your bass player. especially when you can't afford to fix your guitars & you have to play for 3 months with a crack on th eheadstock of your second guitar.

...i'm not bitter about that almost 20 years later. not at all...

wouldn't it mean you spend more time screwing around with cables? - you have 4 to plug in...

/i

14. nashvillesteve

nashvillesteve Member

WOBO will make you one if you email them, buffered if you want... really nice guys, well-made pro-level products, not very expensive.

Here's the custom order they made for me:
    [​IMG]

15. presence

presence Member

Get 2 or three "Little Lehles" from Lehle, or their 3@1

16. dewman

dewman Gold Supporting Member

any schematics out there for DIYers??